reverb and sound at tunnel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jorge salgueiro, Dec 9, 2011.

1. jorge salgueiro

jorge salgueiro Registered

I hope at this wish wasn’t address at another thread. If so please ignore.
    I would like to wish that sound could be affected by surroundings, especially at tunnels and closed space (like garage).
    Little bit like light reflections but with sound.
    Thanks for your hard work.

sorry found the
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/682-rFactor-2-Developer-Q-A?p=7781&highlight=result#post7781

please delete this thread. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2011
  2. Carbonfibre

Carbonfibre Registered

Yea, it was heard in the WIP Monaco video too. Although in light of the sound preview SimBin just released, I'd be encouraged to exaggerate the reverb a lot more in rF2, especially in open top cars.
    Hopefully rF2 has made the same kind of progress GTR3 has, though I've low expectations for samples, the potential for future mods should be much larger.

3. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

The more impressive bits of the GTR3 previews are external sounds with a lot of reflection. All of the recent rF2 preview videos were onboard. Obviously the closer you are to the sound source, the more direct sound you'll hear compared to reflected sound. From what we've heard so far it seems ISI got it about right. We should hear a lot more of those reflected sounds from trackside cameras, especially as the car gets further away. Note how the sound becomes 'blurry' with distance.