Resume from replay question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fsuarez79, Jun 4, 2018.

1. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I generally do 40-60min races offline, but I'd like to start using the resume-from-replay feature to simulate longer races like LeMans and others.

I already found the guide on steam from Christopher on how to resume from replay and he's suggesting to resume at the beginning of a straight, however I think I once read someone suggesting resuming when entering the pits for tire change/fuel.

People with experience using this feature, can you please let me know what seems to work best? And if you have any other suggestions/tips regarding this feature, they're also welcomed.
    Thanks

buddhatree likes this.
  2. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

reume on a straight, i experienced spme weird stuff when resuming during a pitstop. Watch out, sesuming meeith your stup± rearwing, brakebalance, i think it only loads the default setup.

3. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I would like to know this as well.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I've not used Resume From Replay in a while but when I did I used it a lot, I always saved just after a Pit Stop as back then the Tires Data was never saved so next time I raced I started with fresh rubber anyway. I believe tire data is saved now but don't quote me on that! Anyway to re-start from the Pit Lane I found was best as you can get "comfortable" at a low speed then you're ready to drive at the end of the lane, plus it feels more like a Driver Swap scenario that way :)

buddhatree likes this.
  5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I'd first assign a default setup and make sure the game always loads it for the vehicle as resuming from replay always messes any custom ones.

6. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I don't see a definitive answer yet but I like this concept of slow start/driver swap so I'll do some tests first and see how it goes

MarcG likes this.
  7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Be good if an option
    For cars would hold their positions exact as complete replay

User is ghost car eg non collideble

8. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

i made virtual drives with different ai setting as is speed, agression etc. After resuming from replay this talent files and the individial car strength (B.O.P), don't seem to work anymore. That said, it was a while ago when i resumed from replay, gonne try tonight again, see if that is still the case

Guimengo likes this.
  9. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Ok, thanks. If you try again please let me know how it goes and if you find any weird bugs.

10. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

tried it again last night, the talent files and the B.O.P per car did´t load.

So resume from replay does not load: setup, BOP and talent files. When you resume from replay press pause, adjust wing setting and fuel load for next pitstop. The best thing to do is quit te game just one lap before you due to pit. At this way, you only have to do ne lap when resuming with wrong wing settings and you have time to adjust the fuel load for the next pitstop. When unpause, adjust brake setting (you can't do that while the game is paused. and watch out, you will have cold brakes and cold tyres when resuming from replah\y

fsuarez79 likes this.