Results XML files not saving

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Jancsi, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Jancsi

Jancsi Registered

Hi,

I run a dedicated server and I've seen that sometimes, there are results XML files that are not getting written, how do I know? well, we use LiveRacers plugin and some drivers have reported that their laps are not being shown sometimes, so I go into the server and look for the result XML and it does not exist! I confirm this is an issue because it has happened to me as well, my drivers are not lying either.

Is there something that could be wrong in the PLR or Multiplayer files that could be causing this?

I have multi-session results set to false and number of race results set to 1000, just in case.

Thanks!

Jancsi

2. c.pucher

c.pucher Registered

One thought on this but hopefully someone with more knowledge comes along:
    I think this can happen if a session never gets 'finished'. Lets say someone was on the server and he ran some laps and then left the server with 30mins left in practice. The server is empty after him leaving. Five mins later another guy gets on the server and decides to restart session/weekend. So the previous practice session (where the first driver drove his lap) never got finished. I think the result file gets only written if you advance to the next session. I could be mistaken on this though so I hope someone confirms or corrects this. :)

edit: this would also explain why one sometimes has to wait quite some time until the time is shown on liveracers (ergo until the session is finished)