Results files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MaXyM, Oct 5, 2010.

1. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

hello
    Please provide format of results files if different than rF1 one.
    If there will be some live files (periodically updated files with current session data) please describe the format also.

I'm developer of Simracing League System which supports a lot of simulations and want to add rF2 support as fast as possible after rF2 release.

best regards

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Registered

Agreed.

For all us league admins, getting a heads-up on what we need to do to support rF2 would be very useful to smooth the transition.

Something along the lines of www.rfactor.net/developers would be amazing. ;)

3. Bolk

Bolk Registered

I'd like to know the results file format too so we can prepare our results system.

4. McNolo

McNolo Registered

About the result files, it is a good idea to include information about tire compounds used by the drivers in each moment. In that way we could use and control rules of use of tires, like in the Formula 1, where it is mandatory to use two different compounds.

Thanks.

5. Fernando Deutsch

Fernando Deutsch Registered

What would be is to be able to define a xml template file where you could place anything you want to include on your results files. You would have a variety of variables per section to choose from, so you could put a lot of parameters like, tyre wear, engine wear, fuel, etc.

I know it may be a bit more work, but would be pretty cool.