WIP Restart race is troublesome

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Booth_doberman, Apr 26, 2023.

1. Booth_doberman

Booth_doberman Registered

I am not able to successfully restart a rolling start race by hitting Escape and choosing the Restart Race option. If I do this, the AI will not move on the restart and they will have a massive crashfest that will put most of the cars out of the race. To successfully restart a rolling start race, I have to press Escape and choose the option to return to the UI. From there, I can click the Restart Race button in the Session Menu and the restart will happen properly. This is on the latest RC with the FE Gen3s at Berlin.

2. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Latest RC? There's no current RC.

3. Booth_doberman

Latest version.

4. Booth_doberman

Here is a LogAnalyzer report from just after the race start
    Capture.PNG

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

This is not your issue per se: but users have reported that AI cars will often run out of fuel when offline races are repeatedly restarted. Apparently the first calculation is made and then does not update or reset when you restart. Just an FYI for chronic race restarters.

6. Booth_doberman

The interesting part is that it's only "bad" if you restart the race from the menu that pops up on the screen when you hit Escape. If you choose to go back to the UI from that screen and select Restart Race from the Sessions menu, the AI work fine.

7. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Should be fixed in the next release.

OneMoreOdd likes this.
  8. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

I think this issue has been fixed in the Q1 update. I can now restart races and the Ai don't run out of fuel. I would guess that the following from the release notes is the reason for the fix,
    • Improved management of Driver fuel calculations, making sure that we only update when a fully valid lap has been completed.

9. Booth_doberman

My original post said nothing about running out of fuel. It is that the cars are having a massive crashfest, if they move at all, upon restarts done ONLY when you do Escape | Restart rather than Escape | Monitor | Sessions | Restart. I even provided LogAnalyzer data to show the massive number of incidents upon a bad restart. In addition, this is happening with the latest version.

10. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

While we’re talking about race restart issues, the one where the initiator (admin) occasionally goes into slow-motion soup until after the lights go green still appears to be there. It was suggested that this is a synchronisation issue but it only seems to affect the administrator that forced the restart.

Not sure if the occasional (and dangerous with a DD wheel) FFB madness still happens (even if racing offline) - I’ve not had the chance to race AI offline recently.