WIP "Response provided an error with no handler. Server maybe offline."

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Thunder, May 3, 2014.

1. Thunder

Thunder Registered

Hi! I'm having a problem with connecting multiplayer, i can't see any servers. When in multiplayer "lobby", and i tried to refresh many times yesterday, it only shows "waiting for response", and few seconds after that, "Response provided an error with no handler. Server maybe offline."
    I tried unistalling everything, including deleting appdata/roaming/.rfactor and other files, to make fresh install. Dowloaded lite 660-build, installed with default paths. Then few mods, packages in the correct folder, installed no problem. Logged in and activated it again, but same result. I tried also with windows firewall and antivirus both off, but it had no effect.
    I haven't had any problem with other games getting online so i don't know what to do. My os is Windows 7 64-bit if it helps, and rFactor2 is build 660.

2. Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller Former ISI Senior Programmer

Interesting problem. You connected with the server ok and got a error. Can you PM me your email and password to your account so I can test using your license?

3. TTR kwik-kiwi

TTR kwik-kiwi Registered

Hi... did you find out what the issue was.... know someone else with the same issue...

4. Thunder

Thunder Registered

PM Send.

No, not yet. Tried bunch of stuff that was suggested to me at support with no results, but there was one thing odd. In-game, in the multiplayer lobby i can't see any filter or lan options, just refresh in the top left and a join button.
    Just took a picture of what i see in the lobby. Click here to see the picture

I mentioned about this in my latest email to support, might this be related to the problem?

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014
  5. Thunder

Thunder Registered

PM send.
    No, not yet. Tried a bunch of stuff suggested to me at support but error still persist. But there was one thing odd, in-game in the multiplayer lobby i can't see any filter on LAN options.
    I metioned about this in my latest email to support, might this be related? Here's a picture of what i see in the lobby.

6. Jeremy Miller

The problem is "special" charactors in the password. In the short term change your password a subset of the ANSI charset.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa245259(v=vs.60).aspx

The safest bet would be use characters between 33 and 126. We should have this corrected in the next or following update if everything goes well.

Thanks for reporting this.

7. Butters

Butters Registered

Ok I have the same issue so did a google search and found this so did as instructed but still no joy. Any more updates on this one?

8. TTR kwik-kiwi

TTR kwik-kiwi Registered

Sorry... so server password?... RF2 log in password?

9. Jeremy Miller

RF2 log in password

10. jjcook

jjcook Registered

I have the same problem and my password is within characters 33-126

it is an intermittent problem for me - but the connection has generally slowed down and gone to crap - when i do get a list of servers it takes a few minutes to get a join button and trying to download a mod is mostly hopeless

11. fujitsu1

fujitsu1 Registered

Here the same and intermitent too. And my log in password is from 33-126 characters too.

12. Jeremy Miller

PM me you username and accounts and I will give them a try.

13. Jeremy Miller

OK there is a bug with the cookie handler in the Launcher. In the mean time, try deleting the saved credentials in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\.rFactor

Delete the rFactor.name and rFactor.credentials files.

14. fujitsu1

fujitsu1 Registered

I deleted the .rfactor folder and reactivated the game and the same issue.
    I changed the ui like Noel told me too, and everything is the same.
    It seems to be a problem with your 690 or something like that. Be sure that it happens intermitently and without any change by me.
    View attachment 12733 View attachment 12734 View attachment 12735 View attachment 12736
    Its not because of the mod or the ui. When the problem is on, only appears isis servers.

15. fujitsu1

fujitsu1 Registered

Now, at 13:08 spanish time, online works fine, and doesnt show your test bulid servers. It seems to be when you open them, when the issue returns. Tell the time when you open them to try if its the reason of the online error.

16. Jonathon LeFaive

Jonathon LeFaive Registered

This should be fixed now. Some of our development testing was causing the problem. Good catch, fujitsu1.

17. wobbly

wobbly Registered

I still have this issue. I [aid for another year about 20 minutes ago and since then I've been getting this problem.

18. wobbly

wobbly Registered

Sorted it. Had to log completely out of the game, close it down and restart it.

19. gkz

gkz Registered

EDIT:
    Resolved itself, sorry and never mind. Can be deleted

========
    Hello,
    me and a friend can't log-in since yesterday.
    Multiplayer and Update Buttons on the launcher are grayed out.
    Error says:
    "Login attempt resulted in unknown server response. Login attempt was not successful."

Deleted the credentials in the Roaming folder but without success.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2014
  20. Jeremy Miller

I believe a server side fix was added last week. So that might be the reason the issue sorted "itself" out ;)