Reset to Track Option?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by imacken, Feb 19, 2017.

1. imacken

imacken Registered

Is there a 'reset to track' option available somewhere? I can't see one, and that is really useful when learning a track. For example, it is quite easy to get stuck in wires or fences at the 1960s Spa, and similar things at the Nordschleife. With a lap lasting that length of time, it is a real pain having to go back to the pit lane. Usually, that kind of option is in Difficulty settings, but the only thing i can see in rF2 is Spin Recovery, which isn't the same thing.

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

No there's no reset option, use Spin Recovery and reverse to where you want to "reset".

3. imacken

imacken Registered

Thanks for that. I'm afraid that Spin Recovery doesn't work in the circumstances I mentioned. The problem lies in tracks like the ones I mentioned, where if you go slightly off track, then you get stuck in a fence, or over a fence or over a barrier very easily and Spin Recovery just faces you in the right direction.
    On more modern tracks, this is not a problem as you have large run off areas, and pretty solid barriers. But on the historic/rural tracks... it's a nightmare.
    Pity, as most other sims I have used over the years have this option. It's usually in the difficulty settings.

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Drive as you have to worry about your life haha :);)

Silvanob2, TJones and jayarrbee36 like this.
  5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yeah the only way is to pretend to do it like real life drivers, take it easy on the first few laps and gradually increase your speed. After a while you'll be completing laps fairly incident free with gentle spins and the like :)

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Start with fast aero cars (F1, stable setup). That eliminates a good portion of the corners on big tracks and it's harder to fall off at the speeds you're obviously comfortable with on an unknown track (ie too fast for what you're driving now). You still can't go crazy, but you'll do more laps in a shorter time because of the car speed, then once you've got that sorted you just need to take a slower car and learn the kinks you now need to slow down for.

Option 2, use resume from replay.