(request) ODOmeter in rFactor2

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by Balazs Floszmann, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Balazs Floszmann

Balazs Floszmann Registered

Hi Masters! I'm just a general user in rf2 not a modder thats why I have a noob question. I would be need an odometer (Distance measure app) in rf2. No need any glitching feature...just a clean odometer. Is it possible or is it difficulty to make one?
    Many friends recommended the SimHub but as I know SH not able to measure the distance.
    Thanks the answers in advance! Cheers

2. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

Just an idea, maybe Simhub can parse the all_vehicles.ini, identify the car and use the meters driven value.

[VEHICLE]
    ID=9059
    File="Ross Gunn.veh"
    Skin="D:\GAMES\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\RFACTOR 2\USERDATA\PLAYER\SETTINGS\ASTONMARTIN_VANTAGE_GT3_2019\ROSS GUNN\alt_98.mas"
    MetersDriven=3560464

But not sure if you can identify the skin used, as rF2 saves data per skin.
    Another "problem" with Simhub however, is that no "global variables" is supported.

Balazs Floszmann likes this.
  3. Lukas Lichten

Lukas Lichten Registered

I had a quick look a few days ago, and simhub seams to have odometer values for stint and session (DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.SessionOdo and DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.StintOdo)
    But I have not tried out how they track when put in action, aka if they work as you think they should and not produce funny values.

Anyways, to make any form of persistent tracking, you need a SimHub plugin, the internal scripting via javascript just has at some point limits.
    I still have to release the SimHub dashboard I am using, and with it I am using a plugin (which extends the scoring capabilities), so I would perhaps just bolt a minor script onto it.
    And yes, SimHub can distinct cars, but it will distinct based on the name, essentially driving a different livery counts as a different car, especially with skin packs

Balazs Floszmann likes this.