[REQUEST] IMSA 2017

Discussion in 'Modding' started by JacobGames, Jan 29, 2017.

1. JacobGames

JacobGames Registered

Anybody going to be working on making 2017 DPi's? Watching 24 Hours of Daytona and these are awesome cars.

2. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

Provide the nessessary data and we will do it.

3. JacobGames

JacobGames Registered

What sort of data do you need? doubt a team's data is possible to get at the moment

4. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

If you need to ask what sort of data do they need you almost surerly not be able to get that data :)

5. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

I've seen a bunch of request threads like this, nearly nothing comes from them. If you really want something, the best advice I can give is to go make it. Learning what you need and how to ask for that data is part of the process.

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

First of all, there would be ALOT of 3d work. Just the Prototypes have like 6 bodies, about the same for GTLM and I lost count how many GTD manufacturers there were. After that, physics, physics, physics....Some could be cobbled together like the Caddy engine probably resembles current Corvette power plants available in the sim, The Gibson engine is an overgrown Zytek so that too could be sussed out. But then getting all the various packages and combinations sorted and balanced....man! What a task!
    dh

7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Even official licensed content would be hard to get real data at this moment I guess
    Honestly wish someone like URD would do it at least, that proto grid was too cool.

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Best bet is somehow getting IER Modding to allow a conversion of their work so far.

9. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

While I do believe we will see the cars in game at some point, I just am not anticipating anything anytime soon. There isn't many 3d modelers out there, and if there are, there is even fewer that can get it into rF2. And fewer yet that will have that rF2 quality. But with FIA/ACO also having the stock P2 option, I know we will see the P2s come eventually. We just might have to see how long after that before we see the DPi configurations come to fruition