Request Headlight FLASH button

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Jamesl91, Jul 24, 2021.

?

Who wants a headlight flash button?

1. yes

100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jamesl91

Jamesl91 Registered

Hello,

With the update to add an auto headlight button it makes things more awkward to use the on/off button as a flasher. Could you please Implement a Specific Flasher button similar to that of iRacing. its a really useful feature.

In previous races i have seen people disqualified for accidently leaving their headlights off after flashing a car in front. this would remove the risks of that if you could press the flash button then the lights return to their previous state

thanks

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  2. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

if you use simhub, there is a plugin for that, it even remembers if light was on or off

3. Jamesl91

Jamesl91 Registered

yeh i do use simhub, il take a look. thanks but still what sort of racing game doesnt have a headlight flash button. it was ok before S397 added the auto option into it.

4. Miquel Ramos

Miquel Ramos Registered

Please forget Simhub, forget plugins! There are things that a simracing game should supply, like flashlights, like a bar to see if FFB is clipping, like a reliable Relative with codes for multiclass....
    Some of the things that people wish after a lot of years, but never was implemented.
    I shouldn't use any unofficial software to get bàsic things in the sim

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

yes you SHOULDN'T have to, but the choice right now is to use a 3rd party item or not have it at all. We have a phrase in America, 'Don't cut off your nose, just to spite your face.' You can and should ask for such a feature, one of many we'd like to see. But you only punish yourself by not trying currently available items.
    @Seven Smiles has also released an app that will flash lights and prevent the off headlight penalty.
    The one positive note I can add, recently S397 included menu commands to automatically turn on headlights. Perhaps the next step will be to include a flasher option.

6. Jamesl91

Jamesl91 Registered

i was quite happy with just turning the headlights on and off to flash but the auto headlights is a good feature but does not need to be on the headlight button. it should have either been a seperate function or a tick box in the settings/car setup.

7. Jamesl91

Jamesl91 Registered

i use simhub for other things, and have a working relative which is useful although i dont mind racing without.

features such as this and others should be in the game, its why i added a poll to this thread

8. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered