Request for rF2 next build

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marc Collins, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Couldn't find anywhere asking for this input, so I am making my own post here :)

Something relatively simple, but very important in my humble opinion, that should be added to rF2 ASAP is the default head physics from Automobilista AS AN OPTION.

Not everyone will want this, but I find one of the most appealing aspects of AMS is its default head physics implementation. Perfect right out of the box for me. Haven't heard complaints about it (unlike just about every other aspect of AMS or rF2 that has someone carping). I think it is a major contributor to the "natural" feeling of AMS and to its popularity.

Would love to try it out in rF2 for comparison, but it is not possible. The head physics adjustment in rF2 doesn't work in the same way, or car-based settings prevent it, or I am not sure.

Please make it possible to replicate, or even better, have a few standard options for people to choose from in the next build.

Thanks!

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Not familiar with what AMS provides, so wondering if what you're asking is a simple request or would require a change in some basic files (or their function). You don't seem sure yourself.

Either way I don't see why this couldn't be in the wish list section, then you could name the thread something useful too.

3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I dont think they can change it easily at all. Some things in rF2 was made to go into each mod. Like the mirror, in rF1 you could drop a mirror res in the vehicle folder and you'd have same res for all cars. In rF2 it is added to one of the mas so if you change either the car disappear or if it stays in game you'll have a online mismatch, kinda suck

4. Tom Lebeuf

Tom Lebeuf Registered

Have you tried the "Real Head Motion" plugin? Perhaps that is similar? I dont play AMS so i am unsure.

5. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

I don't understand what do you mean exactly. There are already some parameters to set like as you want movements of the head.
    Example with my setting :

Have you an example ?

6. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I know obviously not the case with rfactor 2 users but sim racing seems to be going VR
    rf2 is close to VR release ( Q1 17 ), seriously give VR a try when the time comes

8. Tom Lebeuf

Tom Lebeuf Registered

I wonder how many simracers use VR every single time they race though. I tried it and it's really cool... but I have a young child and other stuff going on so for me it would be a hassle to wear a mask on my face for 2 hours straight.
    I think when vr gets more advanced I will take a second look at it, because it is neat.

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

a SMALL wish item for rF2. When I'm choosing a group of cars to race against, could we see a counter that displays the number of cars chosen so far? Unless I'm missing something, I have to scroll down the list of cars, 9 at a time, and count up how many I then need to set the number of AI drivers to.

Eric Rowland and F1Aussie like this.
  10. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Registered

I'd like to see the ALT/TAB issue being fixed. (temporarily moved to the desktop)
    It was a bug in rFactor1 and seems to continue in rFactor2.
    In Assetto Corsa and PCars I don't have that problem.
    It's a bit annoying to see the game crash all the time and receive the message 'rFactor isn't working anymore'.
    Something to work on for the nearby future I guess.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    Ernie likes this.
  11. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Hi guys - just joined this forum and avid rFactor 2 user. Currently using a three screen set up and the issue that I would like fixed in the next release is for the 3 screens to retain their settings when leaving and rejoining the sim. In the previous build, I could set my screens up with the CTRL = facility, and when I returned to the sim, the screens were as I had left them. In the new release, each time I enter the sim, the side screens have returned to default settings. This issue affects numerous triple screen users, but not everyone.

12. bwana

bwana Registered

Have you tried just using the windows key (between Ctrl and Alt). works fine for me

13. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Wasn`t this fixed with the "Windowed" gfx mode?

14. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Video settings/mode/borderless !

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

What are your settings? Your video looks closer to default AMS than anything I have been able to generate.

And no, RealHeadMotion plugin does not give the same option as AMS. Tried it first as a solution.

Also, this is not a general wish list thread, even though I did a bad job by giving it such a title :(

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

We wait with baited breath... ;)