Request for information on the *Evolution of the Physics Engine*

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by DrivingFast, Jul 22, 2020.

1. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

My wish is not on the game but on communication and therefore the information that the userbase will be able to obtain soon (I hope).

I simply wish to have as much information as possible concerning the updates of rF2 relating to the Evolution of the Physics Engine and its application in the S397 car content.

Probably in a press release or a detailed roadmap on this subject.

Thank you.

2. doddynco

doddynco Registered

I'd love to hear stuff too but I think we should be patient on this, and enjoy what we already have. Firstly expect the UI to be completed, tweaked and a few features added, followed by the competion system. At that point, I assume s397 are hoping for a large influx of new players - mostly from Iracing and ACC. Once that is underway, they will have hit a huge milestone. This could take 1 year, or maybe 3, we really don't know, and there's no point focusing our attention on it as end consumers - it's done when it's done.

Only then should we really expect any changes and addtions to the physics. A few important things we stand to gain in the years following the implementation of the competition system are:
    • changing track temp,
    • damage to tyres and suspension in 'non-crash situations',
    • drivetrain modeling,
    • rain physics
    That being said. Marcel, old friend, what's occuring in the physics department?

vittorio likes this.