Replays

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by B. Gant, Dec 18, 2013.

1. B. Gant

B. Gant Registered

Got some reports from guys in my league that replays are deleted when a vmod is removed. We create a new vmod every 2 rounds for our league races, so that guys who join server using the "get mod" dont have to download all 9 tracks on our schedule. Just the 2 included with that vmod...... If a replay is saved video, why does the car need to be still installed to view it?

In future releases, would be cool if replay files weren't dependent on what you had installed. So you can view old times, even if you moved car long before.

2. hoover

hoover Registered

Hm, I guess that's a tough one to fix... how are you going to display proper replays without the vehicle being installed (car shape, skins, body, physics) on your client? Unless you'd do some kind of video container export, I don't see how this could be possible (not a dev, just guessing ;))

All the best, Uwe

3. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Replays aren't saved videos. You can change cameras and 'resume from replay' etc.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Tim already mentioned that ISI are aware of the limitation of needing the correct vmod in order to view a replay, so I'd expect a fix for this. But you can't get around the need to have the correct cars and track installed - as said above, a replay file is just information on what happened, not video. The game engine has to draw the replay from that data, so it needs to know what to draw...