Replays seem to be causing the stuttering issue for me

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Jason Madigan, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Jason Madigan

Jason Madigan Registered

Ok, so I have been doing some testing trying to eliminate the stutters from my game and I believe I have found my direct cause. During a session if I hit R to watch the replay at any stage, when I return to the track to drive again the stutters start. It would appear thus far that the length of the replay I watch (how far back I rewind) has a direct effect on how much the game stutters when I return to the track, the further back I go the more severe the stutters appear to become. I have done some extensive tests on this theory this morning and I am pretty much 100% sure that this is the cause of my stuttering problem.

At first I thought it might of been something to do with my usb headphones but after testing with both speakers and usb headphones on different tracks in different cars it does not appear to be the source of my stuttering problem.

If I do not use the replay function at all in a session I simply do not see any stutters at all, I even went to the extent of running a 3 hour practice session at Spa in the Classic F1's and did not see a single stutter the whole time I was driving.

I have also tested this theory running the game in both single and triple screen resolutions and now that I have found the source of the issue I find I can run the game quite happily in eyefinity using a custom made CF profile (new in 12.1 Beta Driver) utilising the AFR option. I am getting an avg of 30-45 fps solid around spa running with AI cars and when I am by myself I am getting a very solid 55-70 fps using a resolution of 5968x1200 with bezel compensation enabled.

Here are some screenshots of my game and custom cf profile settings

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Basic system specs are in my profile and much more detailed specs at this link My Water Cooled Gaming Rig Build Log WIP

If anyone cares to test this theory out please post your findings here to let others know :cool:

2. 2k9

2k9 Registered

is it mayable to deactivate the replay function?

3. Jason Madigan

Jason Madigan Registered

I actually found that it made no difference really if I leave Replay recording on or off, it only matters if I actually use the replay function.