Replays always show me in defauls skin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by baristabrian, Jul 29, 2014.

1. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

Are there any plans immediate or otherwise to address this seemingly simple issue? I go out and do a lap in my custom skin, and while im out on track the game sjow me in the correct custom skin but....If I exit the track and go to the replay tab and play back the replay it always shows me in the default skin?

Seems like this was working properly a few builds ago and then stopped with the build previous to this one and now continues not working in B798.

I would think the tech involved would be the same that worked flawlessly for how many years in rFactor 1? Or is there something making this really complicated that its actually taking 2 years to solve?

2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I don't have this issue and I'm running the latest build.

3. Emery

Emery Registered

I was just watching myself and other custom skins in replay last night, so working for me in Build 798.

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Rf1 is less complicated and by the looks of it the dev's are no way near rounding up rf2. Allot of things that get changed will influence other items, its a sensitive sim.

Look at it this way, when you need to fart you just do et. But then you suffer the consequences because you just walked passed your grandma whom is catching her breath after cleaning your apartment all afternoon. tough luck for sure, but would you not fart? I think not!
    Its a consequence and she knows this as well. Its just life man.

Or, did you auto-update? maybe a fresh install gets rid of it, I've seen this issue before in previous builds and I reckon a fresh install would get rid off possible leftovers.

5. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

I autoupdated 1st, saw the issue was still there so scrapped it, DL the lite version of B798 and did a complete fresh install but issue remains for me. Many many others in my league report the same issue so Im thinking its not unique to anything on my end.

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

So ignoring my weird storyline eh? bah :/

7. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

You're not supposed to fart on your Granny, it's just not ......... polite :) Clench.

8. Art_Pereira

Art_Pereira Registered

I have the latest bult installed, and I have the same problema: custom skin doesn´t show in the replays.

9. whitmore

whitmore Registered

I was having the same trouble until I turned off HDR now custom skin all good. Frankly HDR in current build is a bit off. Shadows are too dark have been enjoying better scenic and realistic view since I turned HRD off since this build.