replay view distance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hangon, Jan 26, 2016.

1. hangon

hangon Registered

I know ISI implemented proper fov adjustment a couple builds ago and I beleive in the last they have the visual tool to do so ctrl =
    I just started to revert to that way vs. the old way,and one reason I had stayed with using the old way was in replays they were closer,
    as now the distance view is way further out. Is this something that will be "fixed" in next build....or is this just the way it will be?
    BTW,I'm on triples just to clarify.Is anyone else having this issue..or just me? I just liked the view distance of the replays vs fov change build.

2. hangon

hangon Registered

Thought I would ressurect this..200+ views and no reply/answers???!! eg: first pic limerock /config.ini=usesubparams=1 {which is new implemented fov}

second pic exactly same spot on track /config.ini =usesubparem=0 { old fov way}

Devs..why is usesubparam=1 changing the view distance in replays?? Is thier a way to keep it originally by changing something in json?? Or is it just the way it is..and I will have to just use the old fov way { without new tool for fov adjustment) to view replays like they were originally(closer up)?

View attachment 19282

3. hangon

hangon Registered

seems it wont let me upload second image?? file size is 2.4 mb...maybe thats why??

4. hangon

hangon Registered

View attachment 19283

looks like file size was problem..had to optimize a bit..basically image looked like this in replay in same spot

5. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

I have already reported this to ISI. The reason why the replay looks so far away is that "UseSubViewParams=1" locks your FOV and the replay cameras use FOV to adjust the level of zoom. Don't know if ISI will do a fix for this so it unlocks FOV when using TV camera.

6. hangon

hangon Registered

Thank you so much for answering this tocafreak!! So it looks like I will have to stay with the old fov ...as the replay cameras are just too far away in new fov :(

7. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

Even with "UseSubViewParams=0" the fov is locked. So replays on triple screens are unwatchable as most of the TV cams have a very large FOV. :( Please fix.

8. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

+1

9. hangon

hangon Registered

Waiting forever for a fix for this...the replay cameras are a thing of beauty in Assetto Corsa..ISI.take note!

10. hangon

hangon Registered

Just thought I would bump this because I did something that fixed this...all I had done was changd my settings back to single screen( was doing this to check on framerates vs triples).. only other things I changed then also was I had been running vsync,as I was experiencing some stuttering and that had fixed it,turned that off...went into single...then changed back to triples...had looked at a replay and was surprised to see the replay like it used to be...close up!! Give it a try and see if it works for you too

11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I use single screen and my replay is always so far away I'm almost calling Shrek

12. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

lol, that is indeed far, far away :p

13. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

Tried this and it made no difference. Yes going to single screen the FOV works and the TV cameras now zoom but when going back to triples the FOV is locked and all TV cams are far distance again. :(

14. hangon

hangon Registered

When I went back to triples it stayed???...why...hmmmmmmm...very strange??

15. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

When you went back to triple screen did you make sure that Multiview was still ticked?

16. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

This is what I wish it would be here

I load same track and the cameras are all very far :(:(

In some other tracks like Silverstone is ridiculous how far it is

17. hangon

hangon Registered

oh crap...ya..no wonder it was running so good..and things looked off..I just did not put two and two together..but yea...same ol crap;;
    well...can just hope for a fix soon

18. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

Well I was hoping since Studio397 has taken over RF2 that we would get more responses from devs about issues. But alas none. :(

At least let us know that you are working on it.

19. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

I am glad to report that with build 1108 this issue has now been fixed. :D

Just make sure "UseSubViewParams=0" ;)

20. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

But i would like to use "UseSubViewParams=1". And with that it is still not possible!