Replay Sounds Too Quiet

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by RaceNut, May 21, 2013.

1. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

In Build 218 - the car sounds during replay are too quiet overall IMO. Also, the player car sound is quieter than the other cars by far. Having removed the ability to boost the player car volume (Track-side) above 100%, wouldn't it make more sense to be able to reduce other car volume (Track-side)? Why would I want to have my car quieter than the others in replays?

While the in-car sounds are very good overall in my opinion, the replay sounds could benefit greatly by having the engine exhaust volume increased much more once the cars have passed the camera. If you follow what the developers are doing with RRRE and iRacing regarding track-side sounds, you will notice that they are implementing those changes to good result. I would argue that those sounds could be increased even more and when combined with improved downshift/engine braking sounds, the results would be impressive.

The post regarding having the sounds linked to the camera view is also a good idea IMO.

I apologize if these issues have been discussed elsewhere or if these are things that are on your "To Do" list at ISI. Overall, I think you are doing a great job on rFactor2 - thank you,
    Dean

2. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

I agree. I watched the replay and spectated a match. The sounds are very impressive, but you should be able to hear them much sooner when a car drives towards you. In real life you can often hear a car driving on the other side of the track.

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Maybe you do hear the car sooner but you need to turn your volume up??? I'm jus speculating, I haven't tried the new build yet. Maybe ISI have lowered many of the sounds in order to give the game a wider, more realistic dynamic range?

4. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Replay sound was much better before the update, yes - audio changes are listed in the change log. It seems that they must have some more work to do because they are really quite bad at this point - way out of balance.

5. kevin lewis zilly

kevin lewis zilly Registered

On the topic of sound , in car is very quiet,lots of noise from cars on circuit, even turned opponent sound to 40% and its still hard to hear in car sounds.