Replay Resume / Exit Issue (x64) (b767&769)

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Ecco_pRv, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Ecco_pRv

Ecco_pRv Registered

I do endurance racing a lot and I used the resume-replay function as a kind of savegame. In both 64-bit unstable releases there is the same problem, confirmed with different classes, tracks, systems and a fresh clean install:

1. When ending a race by “exit to monitor” and “leave track” the replay is properly saved.

2. When watching the replay from main menu->replays->”play replay” the replay starts, but (1st issue) if you had a custom skin it is not used, the car has the default skin.

3. It is possible to resume and continue the race (the custom skin is there again), but now, if you exit via ESC, and choose “exit to monitor” the game crashes showing the “rFactor2 has stopped working” message. Without even reaching the monitor screen. Problem is also there without custom skins.

There must be something wrong in how the replays are saved, or more precisely, in how they are combined after you resume and re-save.

cheers

2. Terence Groening

Terence Groening Registered

I haven't been able to duplicate the crash (at least not yet). Are you saying this only happens in 64-bit? Are there any notable conditions, for example are there full-course cautions, or do you always exit out of the race while you are in the pits, or anything like that?

3. Ecco_pRv

Ecco_pRv Registered

just tested, happens both in 32 and 64 bit version in b769.
    could you reproduce the missing custom skin?
    to your question: no, no special circumstances.
    I wrote a pdf displaying all my settings (screenshots) and protocol to swiftly reproduce the crash.
    seems like i cant upload pdfs, I'll post it as jpgs:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2014
  4. Ecco_pRv

Ecco_pRv Registered

5. Ecco_pRv

Ecco_pRv Registered

will test with build 770 now
    followed the protocol above
    32bit: crashes at un-pausing when resuming replay
    64bit: same as before, crashes at "exit to monitor"
    will have to reproduce with my other system later today.

edit: just realized that files named
    "_vcr##########.tmp"
    appeared in the replays directory with every crash. traces of failed replay saves?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2014
  6. Terence Groening

Terence Groening Registered

That's the file as it is being written during your session. When it finishes, then it changes to the normal VCR name and possibly compresses it depending on some PLR file option. Considering you crashed, I'm not sure if those are corrupt. You could *try* renaming it to something.vcr and attempting to load it to see what happens.

BTW, for some reason all those attachments above are considered invalid but I don't know why.