Replay issues

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Booth_doberman, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Booth_doberman

Booth_doberman Registered

Resuming a race from replay continues to get harder and harder for me. For the record, I'm running in VR and using the S397 Oreca, Norma, Porsche and Corvette (39 cars in all) at the Le Mans_17 track mod. I'm trying to run some longer endurance type races but I'm too old to sit at my computer for 6 hours, so I'm doing it in stints using the replay feature of RF2. I am pausing the race at the top of a straight and not in the pits.

Here is a list of issues of I have found.
    1. Resume from replay always resets the pit request menu. So if I had changed it so I would not get new tires on the next stop, it is reset so I would get the default tires.
    2. The headlights are off when restarting.
    3. The mirrors are set to the default position.
    4. New tonight is that the Pit Limiter is always on. This hasn't happened before, and nothing is changed in the game (this is not exactly true. Friday night I downloaded the Spa track from internationalsimracing. When I ran that track, it told me there were not enough garages for the number of cars I had. Fine. But I then went back to Le Mans and that message was there for that track, too. But it's not tonight.) It seems really far fetched, but could one mod write things to game files (e.g. player.json) that would affect other mods?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

This may seem odd, but do you leave your computer on all the time? ISI based sims cache a-lot of data to help improve game loading time and other performance issues. Often the cache won't get cleaned out between sessions, so you may be getting information from previous sessions. Restarting your computer 'should' help IF repeat IF the cache is the issue. best of luck

3. Booth_doberman

My machine stays on all the time, but I restarted before I began driving. I'll do some more trial and error stuff tonight and see what happens.

4. Booth_doberman

Well, it got worse tonight after a restart and resuming from replay. First, all the damage on my car was reset. I had reported this in another post and thought that setting the damage to 100% fixed it. It does not, even with all damage set at 100%, the damage gets reset so I have a perfect car again. Second, I discovered that the car was running in fuel mix 2, which for the Oreca is Lean Race. Who knows how long I was running on lean. I'm four hours into a six hour race. It could have been like that for hours. It might explain why I couldn't touch my laptimes from the first night I raced. Of all of the things I've reported, the worst is the restart with the Pit Limiter on. I'm not restarting from a replay in the pits; I'm pausing at the top of a straight two laps after a pit stop.

On the positive side, I am running a six hour race with the environment time set to 4x, which means my six-hour race will span a 24-hour, night/day cycle. It is very interesting as you pass from daylight to twilight to night and then dawn and full daylight.