Repair damage option in pit menu

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Craigjw, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Craigjw

Craigjw Registered

I would like to request that an option be added to the pit stop menu to un-request that damage be repaired. Unfortunately, during a pit stop the damage is always repaired with no option to stop it or un-request it.

During a race, it's not uncommon for damage to happen to your car, if this is manageable, sometimes you don't want this repaired, as the repair can cost the race. A prime example would be the front air dam, this is sometimes manageable and we don't always want certain damaged fixed. This has happened a number of times in races to myself and other drivers and has spoilt races when manageable damage has been repair when we don't want it.

Please add this option to the pit stop request menu.

2. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

you can request not to repair, scroll down to the damage in the pit menu and change it to no repair as you would when changing fuel or wing angle or tire psi.
    It would be cool to pick what not to repair or what to repair.

3. datanode

datanode Registered

A request fuel stop / request tire stop and so on with those options preset would save a lot of messing around ;)

A set of preset types of stop basically. Because using the menu whilst driving is a skill in itself, where as the driver would usually request these by voice, so making it a little easier would be great!

4. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

+1

5. datanode

datanode Registered

Am I missing the point how hard is it to mod this? I am a developer but not in any languages used for gaming.

But I do have a reasonably wide skill set? Maybe I should look at this, can someone point me in roughly the right direction?

6. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

What also would be nice is the ability to stop repairs before they are fully done. That way you can do a little bit here, a little there (thinking under yellow) without losing laps.

7. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

Actually, I believe this is possible. Not at present, but it is something that could probably be done. Years ago I used a MS Gamevoice to do all my ATC comms in Flight Simulator. I have a feeling that something could be added within rF2 that would recognize spoken words. Once setup (assign spoken words to keys), you could speak commands to the game for various things.

If I'm not mistaken, Spotter Plugin for rF1 could do this.

EDIT:
    A quick search brought up this;
    http://www.gogamevox.com/

Here is a freeware thingy;
    http://www.e-speaking.com/voice_recognition_computer_control.htm

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2013
  8. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

I don't know if it's the same thing you're talking about but I did see a youtube vid of a guy who was able to do it.

The guy used GlovePIE

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2013
  9. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

Yeah, I just saw that. No, it isn't the spotter plugin I mentioned for rF1. This GlovePIE seems pretty good and works with rF2!
    I'm going to check into this more myself. I really like the idea.

Thanks for letting us know about it :)

10. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

11. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

No problem man. Share the wealth is what I always say ;) lol
    But your link shared a whole lot more wealth. I think I might enable this myself.