Removing individual opponent cars from race

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Wayne S, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Wayne S

Wayne S Registered

I'm sure this has been asked, but I didn't find anything that helped me.
    When I select the opponents from a particular series, all the cars in that series are added, but sometimes there are 2 or 3 that are the same driver and car number, but from different years (16, 17, 18). Attached picture has 3 cars for Aiden Moffat, but I only want 1 of them
    How do I pick just the individual cars I want?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

You can't from that screen.

You can however, load up the race, and then in the top left of the screen the button which I think looks like a person with a shield, click on that - it opens up another window where you can boot AI. Click on the drivers name, then click 'BOOT'.

Helpful, but not very helpful, as it only gives you names and no numbers or anything else to help you identify the AI.

Good luck.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

3rd option is to create a Vmod with only the cars and tracks you require. There is a tutorial SOMEWHERE in these forums. Hopefully somebody can dig it up.

Wayne S likes this.
  4. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

Yes, Dave, is right.

Steam guide to creating a race series:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=554544322

This is also a link to doing something a bit smarter:
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/custom-ai-championship-tutorial.64916/

I've used a bastardised version of the second one, instead of the R Script, I made an Excel spreadsheet with some built in VB code behind to run a macro which builds the folder structure, talent files and copies the relevant folders etc.
    Not because I didn't trust the bloke who wrote it, but if I wrote my own version I would have full control over it, and it would enhance the learning process. Plus I've never done R script before, and therefore it's new and scary.

I've used this approach to make myself a fake Blancpain GT3 world championship, along with some custom faceplates for SimHub, so that rF2 actually looks smart, and not like a game from the late 00's with horrendous font and unfathomable HUD interface.

I need to do the same for a Porsche 911 GT3 Cup Challenge tournament...

davehenrie and Wayne S like this.
  5. Wayne S

Wayne S Registered

Thank you to both of you for your help
    Most appreciated