removed by admin

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by flyfisho, Mar 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyfisho

flyfisho Registered

Why is the full course yellow so broken?! (the game telling people to get past others and its ruining the order, even when frozen order is on in json/rfm files)
    Why cant people finish races if they are a lap down or say 40 sec behind front runners in a lap race?! (even when i adjust the time finish at the end of the race in the json/rfm files)

So far i have tried everything to fix both these issues with little or no outcome!
    No matter what i do in the multi player json files and the RFM default for the server, nothing fixes these issues.
    Now it makes sense that even Studio 397 runs timed races.
    I am seriously at wits end trying to sort this game out!
    It is really disappointing to run a league with 30 racing every event and continuously cop a barrage of peoples frustration with the continuing bugs in the game.
    How are others getting around these bugs and is there a fix on the horizon?
    I know this may sound like a bit of a rant but i have been a dedicated fan of rfactor for the last 15 years but its starting to get to me. Why cant we compete with iracing and various other platforms? Having a new UI that is slightly broken is somewhat not fantastic, where as time and effort in adding code or adjusting it should be put into making it all run smooth!

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

FCY I tried for a year or two with server-side plugins to improve it, especially with regards to F1 rules, but there wasn't enough control available to fully fix it. I hear people are simply turning off FCY to avoid the issues, which is obviously a shame, but it's definitely an option (can do manual ones if you wanted instead, I'm sure a league can sort that out).

The race-finishing one is strange, it rings a bell from waaaaay back but I can't remember what the issue might be. I doubt it's settings related, even if you maybe can find a setting to alleviate it a little (extending the session-switch time, for example). But it can't be the core code either, or it would be affecting everyone and we'd hear a lot more about it.

We can talk and argue all day about what they should do, but we know that the UI and competition is currently the focus, so that's how it is. If some core elements of the game remain broken it will just push people away to other games as they offer better alternatives, and if that ends up fully happening (to the point where rF2 can't support itself, and dies) then obviously rF2 wasn't the best option for people.

But, it's been said on occasions that more fixing up will happen after the current phase, so that might happen. It seems to me S397 is taking the direction slightly away from modding-based, and ISI were already implementing things mainly because they needed them for new content (rather than just throwing them out there for people to use), the next couple of years will be enlightening for sure. But I doubt any discussion we have here will have an impact.

3. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

If you have a support question or feedback that's fine. We read and keep up on all bug reports.
    Thread titles like this just create fights.
    Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.