remove safety car from a kart track?

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by qusimano, Apr 23, 2018.

1. qusimano

qusimano Registered

I need to remove the safety car from my little kart track, prior to the latest release the safety car has his own spot,(original aiw from BTB,) now after the update for a reason that i dont know it sits in a strange position in the track(not 0,0,0) and the camaro carbody it's not loaded. also garage spot it's messed up.
    Can i remove completely the safety car from the track? I checked the AIW from quebec and i see that the sc sit on the AUX spot, i tried to completely remove the AUX strings from my AIW but the the sc spawn on 0,0,0... i dont know if i can do this from moddev?
    Thx in advance!

2. filippu

filippu Registered

Why not set that Aux spot very far from the track, or inside a building ? It just needs to be hidden.

3. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Put iIn the .gdb file:

SafetyCarAvailable = 0

4. qusimano

qusimano Registered

!many thanks!

5. qusimano

qusimano Registered

I have a problem, after i put the line in gdb my car become the temp car and is jumping on the asphalt, it cannot be driven, when i let the ai drive it stop jumping but it's freezed. Other ai cars works well o_O

6. qusimano

qusimano Registered

Just to add info, the safety car is in the right position, but its moving backward and very slow. I was testing with accellerated time and when i noticed the sc was already very distant from the initial position.
    it start to happen after the new build, it loses the camaro shape, now it's the yellow temp car, and it moves slowly backwards.
    When i put the line SafetyCarAvailable = 0 in the gdb, my car became the template car and i cant drive.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  7. qusimano

qusimano Registered

After some days of trials and errors I still cant understand what can be wrong:(
    I tried to put the aux spot for the sc far away from the circuit like filippu suggested, but when the yellow flag appears, the kart starts to behave in a strange way. The backmarkers cant reach the group of cars ahead beacause they all drive at the same speed(the first karts doesn't have the sc that slow down) Plus the Ai drive in a zig zag,like they continuosly change path from fastline to center line to left to right:eek: so the race finish in a yellow flag situation, even if the race it's 10 laps and the yellow flag appear at lap1:(
    If someone is willing to help i put here the aiw and the gdb, thx in advance:cool:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xyb3iogy33dx6aa/PistadelMare.gdb?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0e1awdsjf5v5e1/PistadelMare.AIW?dl=0

8. qusimano

qusimano Registered

9. qusimano

qusimano Registered

I noted that from the last update of the game i lost the camaro, now i tried to load the skipbarber and i get a error , fr3.5 is missing, nola is missing....something it's happened in the last update....i need to reinstall the game maybe:rolleyes::mad:

10. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Nola and Camaro were removed(I think they were outdated, the renault was never included in the first place.

11. qusimano

qusimano Registered

Maybe i remeber wrong, i only imported an old version of karts in devmode ( I think the karts need to be implemented in devmode, i cant test a kart track with the skipbarber) My install it's from summer 2016, it is possible that i get confused, anyway, im reinstalling the game in the hope this problem i have with safety cars can go away alone:D
    PS: when i tried with skipbarber( it was some month from the last time i used it in devmode) i get this error( the same error i was given the first time i launched my track in devmode AFTER the last build: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9ytXS6cPTuGc05NTnNuZ3VWWmpaVWFXZjM2UXVSVURHMEln/view?usp=sharing

12. qusimano

qusimano Registered

Ok, after reinstalling the game the errors went away!, the safety car now it's the skipbarber, and when i put the SafetyCarAvailable = 0 in the gdb, my car work well. It was something wrong outside my track and im very glad :rolleyes: now i need the old kart in devmode again, they suffer from excessive bloom in the chhrome parts, the helmet has no shadow or reflection and when it's raining fancy undesired effect from the cockpit are summoned, this is the old version of the kart mod, thats why we need the latest karts in devmode, but it's encrypted.

13. qusimano

qusimano Registered

Same problem after putting old karts in devmode :p so i have to stay with the skippy in devmode

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

the 'new' karts are from a 3rd party, only using rF2 as a launch program. You will never see cars or karts that are for sale un-encrypted. Certainly you won't see a Kart Sim that is designed to profit the programmers unlocked.

15. qusimano

qusimano Registered

Im not talking about the kartsim dlc, i refer to the latest version of the ISI kartmod released years ago, the latest version is updated to dx11, but it's released from S397 as a steam workshop item, not rfcmp file. This is also encrypted, so it cant be axtracted to devmode, and that's why i used an old version of this mod, that lead to all the problems in the end.
    In fact i packaged my track and installed in single player, no problem at all with the latest release of the kart mod (not kartsim:rolleyes:) i Need to buy that for sure :rolleyes:

16. Leonardo Nogueira

Leonardo Nogueira Registered

do you have a kart for devmode? i'm working on 3 kart tracks but i'm lost in how to make the AI lines without one kart in devmode!

17. Vance Le Garde

Vance Le Garde Registered

What about a Safety Kart for a longer race in karts we use one in our real life series so why not have that setup for rF2 Karting