Remove rFmod Petition

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Wrinkly Man, Jan 22, 2012.

1. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

It's the server hosting the dedi. If you look in the multiplayer ini you'll find:

No one will be downloading from our servers. We have a website for hosting our downloads.

2. thuGG

thuGG Registered

ISI don't seem to undrestand that somehow...
    Stupid system wrapped up in a GUI is still a stupid system.

3. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

As a track builder, I'm not so pleased of this either, but I've come to the conclusion that one reason could be ISI's cheat prevention system, which might be integrated to new mod system. If it is there, then it's not so easy to replace whole mod system architecture.

This is only speculation, though...

Cheers!

4. Mulero

Mulero Registered

I join the request. I had hopes that ISI had changed the system, but I see that it is not.

Be able to download VMOD directly from the server does not solve anything. Facilitates join games, but that's not the problem.

It goes without saying that it does not work because it has been said a hundred times. I will just say that this system does not benefit anyone, not modders, or leagues, or users or anyone.

To me, I like the system. It has very good things and can be very useful, but using it exclusively is a big mistake.

Cars and tracks must be separated. All Car & Tracks is beginning to cause problems and that we only have 4 tracks and 4 cars apart from that already begins to cost load. When we have 200 cars and 300 tracks will be chaos.

For Online, should be allowed to create a server with any car and circuit we have installed without having to create a VMOD and should be allowed join that server only having installed components. It would be as simple as adding an option to put an "Allow join the server without VMOD"

With these small solutions we would be all happy. Who want or need to use the VMOD could continue using them well and the rest we could enjoy the game without worries and headaches.

I hope ISI reconsider the use of this system. Is a big step back and a big hassle for everyone. And worst of all, you seem unaware of it.

5. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

doesnt seem like it... 24 pages and 4 months go by and the end result is a video that has 0% relevance... no real problems are addressed with that video ...just fluff

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Just to re-add my weight to the disappointment of the Mods linked to Tracks hassle.

This argument was laid down in late Janurary with heavy backing from the majority who post, yet with Build 85 and late May we still have to put up with using All Cars/Tracks mod to race on the tracks we want too (yes yes its a Beta but by all accounts this should've been top of the list by March!).
    We should'nt have to create seperate mod files everytime a new track is released just to race any car we wish on it.....broken record it all you like I'm moaning and will continue to do so for sometime yet until an answer or explanation is heard regarding the status of this issue post Build 85.

This needs to be changed ISI, its as simple as that!

7. Diavolo

Diavolo Registered

+1

8. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I wish we still had rF1 system..

9. Devin

Devin Member Staff Member

+10000!

10. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

+1 x 10

11. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

What a discussion!
    The server end of this discussion is a wee bit over my head, but from the player side, I have opted to use only one server in which to race. That way I know what is needed from players standpoint for "one" server. Even using only one server, I had to chase down two different vmods in order to race on two of the tracks in rotation.

I had the tracks already installed, but since the tracks were not in one single vmod I had to leave server and spend a couple of hours searching for another vmod.

12. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

All I can say is it's a crying shame that this game is so good once your actually on the track and racing!

If it wasn't, It would be so much easier just to throw the thing over your left shoulder and move on to something more user friendly.

Still there is hope for a couple of new ones on the way.

13. taufikp

taufikp Registered

I agree with ZeosPantera and lot of guys in this thread, that tracks and cars should be separated.

Why? Because of how we use the combination of them: Old cars in modern tracks, old cars vs modern cars in historical tracks, etc.

In my view, VMOD limits this kind of "creativity". Imagine what would happen if you have lots of cars and tracks installed. Even with what we have now, VMOD is already limiting my option to race online.

Honestly, this VMOD system make me lost interest in making mod for rF2. Meanwhile the better graphics of rF2 has made me lost interest in rF1 entirely.

I think my mods are going to gather digital dust in my PC for the time being, until VMOD problem is solved. :D

14. rer8

rer8 Registered

The current rfmod/vmod/ mod of mods...... is a waste of zeros and ones.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2012
  15. 10speed

10speed Registered

I'm not a fan of the "like" button. But if you are dissatisfied with the mod-id-system, give this Video by ISI a thumbs-down:

Honestly I'm quite pessimistic ANYTHING might help making up their minds, at least we should try.

16. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Don't understand why this vid was even placed in this thread.

It shows how to make a rF or V mod. Like who cares when the issue still remains the same.
    Why would I want to know how to make them? I'm not a server or league admin.

I'm a end user who can not use the content I have as I see fit to do so. I can not modify even the smallest of things to make the game more suited to my liking.

rFactor, Customize, Control, Connect. Is now rFactor2 ---------, -------, Connect. As soon as you change anything, Yes even a skin on a car it renders the hole mod useless.

It's just become another version of Rent a race.

17. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Have I got this right? Each server will require its own mod? Is that the objective of this system?

18. 10speed

10speed Registered

The vmod creation is part of "---------, -------,", without it you won't be able to connect. So it fits into this thread quite well.

19. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

You can always dig in Internet and download vmods for combination of mods you want to run :)
    But at the end... yes, looks like creating vmods for every single dedicated server is the goal of the idea.

20. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

You can always dig in Internet and download vmods for combination of mods you want to run :)
    But at the end... yes, looks like creating vmods for every single dedicated server is the goal of this idea.