Remove rFmod Petition

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Wrinkly Man, Jan 22, 2012.

1. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Some reason people dont get it that this is a BETA Ill apologize for all the rude folks here.Keep up the great work you do Gjon :cool:

2. paolo_gr

paolo_gr Registered

Isi, please, split tracks from other contents!

+1

3. wallyncc

wallyncc Registered

+++

4. Giacomo Lapadula

Giacomo Lapadula Registered

5. zemaniac

zemaniac Registered

Ok Gjon but, is the "giving priority to .rfcmp IDs" thing (as I and other guys suggested) taken into account by you?

I see that you're going in stages. I was just suggesting the next step: shifting the ID check from the whole mod to the various .rfcmp the mod itself contains.
    Is it likely to happen? Is it not? Why yes, why not?

Just curious on how you guys think about our feedback :)

6. DeM

DeM Registered

I apologise for my previous Post, I shouldnt be calling anybody anything, especially when i dont know the person.

I was extremely disappointed at what I thought was a lack of listening, to the people who will make or break this Sim.
    Humour, especially Dry Humour indeed does not translate well with the written word. Apart from the abuse I stand by the core of my post.

Dev

7. kleanphil

kleanphil Registered

Sorry did somebody say some thing? hehe

8. Crankee Stroka

Crankee Stroka Registered

Cool.
    They are listening.
    Our dry humour isn't necessarily translated well to other parts of the world DeM.
    It's all to easy to use local dialect hey?
    No wkz m8!

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thanks for posting that.

And while I would have acted if you had said that about another forum member (and someone had reported it, as they did with your post), I feel staff have to have a thicker skin than members, and I wanted to give you a shot at doing what you just did, so good job. :)

10. Gjon Camaj

Gjon Camaj Registered

What is likely to happen is that over time the system allows people to join quickly changing pick up races in situations where they likely have the existing content. On the technical side, will this manifest itself in terms of pushing the ID system down to the component level only... I don't know. How its implemented is more of an engineering question. More important is what is the end result, are people able to use it successfully.

11. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I believe so.
    It's likely that someone who wants to host a race with car X and track Y will NOT search the web for mod that allows that - he will most likely create his own ModID and publish it for others. This may result in lots of redundant ModID's (unless you'll provide a database of all ModID's ever created, so people may easily find them and reuse them).

It seems to me that ModID will rather manifest itself as something temporary - something that describes "current server configuration and requirements". Every time server configuration changes, it's admin will generate and publish new version of mod, so people may join.
    This "temporary nature" would mean that creating ModID, distributing it, and installing it should be as lightweight as possible for users and admins.

So I believe there are two ways to go from here.
    1. making it more lightweight (if not automated)
    2, going down one level, where server requires a number of components to be installed. In other words - not requiring given ModID, but individually requiring everything that this ModID would contain.

In current form I allready perceive ModId as "ServerID" anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2012
  12. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

Many people in the community have tried to explain to ISI the issues with the current system and that splitting out the tracks would solve almost all the problems but they seem unwilling at this stage to hear what the community is saying.
    The more people that ask to have tracks split from other content the more likely ISI will finally hear us.
    Please do that

that's exactly what I feel they are tryign to please us but as my dad says

"you cant please eveyone all the time you can only please some of the people some of the time"

I say split tracks from other content and thing will get better over time for sure as they iron out the unforseen bugs

13. zemaniac

zemaniac Registered

Got that. I trust you. :)
    Let's see in the next months, we'll be there :D

14. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

No - I didnt say ANYTHING about the current system - just that you guys are endlessly whinging about something that has not even received a single update since you received it - and on top of that, you have no idea what the developers are working towards or what they have in store.

And anyway genius - Alpha phase is over, and comes before Beta. Attitude is nothing compared to people whinging over things they cannot possibly know anything about - and then demonstrate that they know almost nothing about software development cycles.

15. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Are you blind or incompetent or something else? The points in my post: 1) This is a pre-release BETA 2) Yet you complain loudly and endlessly 3) There is at least 6 months to go before they start thinking about wrapping up the code.

Too many people think they are experts who could do it better. They accuse ISI of being amateurs who "dont even know how leagues work".

Well - here is an idea. Why dont you, and your potty mouthed cohorts - go and make your own sim.

I say - wait and see what happens. You dont know what is planned.

EDIT: Oh - btw - if you are using this release of rF2 for anything MORE than fun (eg some are trying to use it for leagues already!) ...then you are 2bit at best, and need to settle down and be quiet.

Keep it up ISI. I can see where this is going. Not all of us are ungrateful know-it-alls with crystal balls that can read the minds of developers and see their intentions.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2012
  16. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

angry liddle fella arnt you...:rolleyes:

BTW..ISI has asked numerous times for feedback during beta period...case closed

17. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I don't really give a damn what you might want to call anything. Wrong or right makes no difference to the fact that your criticising people for giving feedback and not just saying it's crap! They are explaining what and were they think it has issues the how things could be possibly taken in a slightly different direction.

As for your ISI knowing already the direction they want this to go. Maybe you'd better read back a few pages. Yes there is a goal but that goal can be found in a number of ways and ISI are giving the community the opportunity to have some input into that path.

If you can't see that then I feel sorry for you and again I suggest you stay out of any real discussions (Not just this one) and wait for the BETA period to be over.

When this time come and the game has something in it that you dislike and want changed, Well there's only one person to blame, Yourself!

Are you going to all the threads on different subjects and call people Trolls and wingers or is it just this one?

I'd have to wonder who the genius is here.

18. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

AAA++++++

Oh wait a minute! I guess that's wrong!

Maybe it should be..

+1 +1 +1 +1

Or maybe this..

A+ A+

I don't know I'm know genius but I'm sure you get the point regardless on how it's written.

19. Blaktop

Blaktop Registered

I for one am happy enough at ISI's response. They are reading the threads, they have stated that the current state of things is not where it's going to end up. At this early stage, that's good enough for me.....I still hold high hopes for the eventual product. For those that were around when rF1 was released, there was a lot of work and a number of version updates until it reached the stage where we're all at with rF1 at the moment. I don't expect RF2 to be any different. Even on release there will be things that need to be changed and based on their previous release, I have confidence that RF2 will "come of age".

20. Jaageri

Jaageri Registered

Here's my "simple" solution to this whole thread with a small smile for all the flak und flame.

Just enable clients to download mods that dedicated server is running when connecting to server, put these players to a pre-lobby where they can chit-chat while there waiting for the download to finish before entering the track/pitgarage.

1. direct from dedi server, bad points-> drivers on track suffer on bandwidth rollercoastering up and down?

2. setting the download from another ftp-server that don't effect drivers on track. (raven shield used this kind of system for user made maps and you got some info how the download was going 10%...20%...30%..etc.)
    3. peer to peer with all clients and server, can't think any bad things on this one but somebody surely will.:cool:

No more mismatches ever, case closed.
    NOT SO FAST MISTER! Where did my HDD space go????

Who ME??? OH BUGGER, let's see what could be done??? Cache folder, download system checking for matching files downloaded before not needed to download again...or something...maybe...i don't know i just want to race...:D

Good night and good fight...carry on.