Remove created custom livery

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Reiche, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Reiche

Reiche Registered

Hi,
    How do I properly remove any created custom livery?
    I found out simply deleting the according folder plus .rcd file in (for my case) UserData/player/Settings/AstonMartin_Vantage_GTE_2019 caused the issue to any new livery created as 0.rcd not to show up unless the new 0.rcd doesn't match the old 0.rcd file. Un- and resubscribing to the workshop item didn't solve the issue.

(2.rcd is working for me right now: I could change the description which did work. Trying to change the driver name (thus the livery folder) made the skin to CASE A: work if I changed it to previously not used name "Marcos Gomes2" instead of "Marcos Gomes"; CASE B: not work if changed to previously used "Paul Dalla Lana")

I experimented with 0.rcd and 1.rcd which now will no longer work as I want them to.

Can go into more detail if needed

Best regards,
    Stefan/Reiche

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  2. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I don't really understand your problem. I always rename the rcd file so it matches the the folder name exactly for the particular skin, this eliminates any conflicts with other skins and it's easier to keep track of your installed skins. Hope this is helpful.

Reiche likes this.
  3. Reiche

Reiche Registered

I couldn't really replicate the issue yesterday when trying to document it. Gonna have to further learn about the rF2 side of things. Thanks for your feedback!