Remove AI cars that go to garage

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Johannes Rojola, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

This was similar problem in rF1 too. If you have a race that has a lot wrecks where AI drivers retire to garage, there is a issue that when driving pass garage area FPS can drop a lot. Other issue is that if garage positions are done incorrectly, or if you have more cars at track what track maker thought, these cars will spawn inside each other in the garage thus slowing down the game even more.

Please, there should be option for setting game so that cars that go to garage will be just removed from the scene.

In multiplayer player that retires usually just leaves the server so it is not such big issue there.

2. Michael Borda

Michael Borda Car Team

Have you tried lowering this in your PLR to keep frame rates higher?
    Garage Detail="0.40000" if you set this to 0.1 or 0.2 your FPS should hopefully not be as adversely effected.

Stacking is preventable if the max number of vehicles spaces in the AIW is not exceeded, I think there's a variable available in the GDB track creators can use to limit the possible vehicles "Max Vehicles=". With such a solution even if AI vehicles are removed during a race, the issue would surely still exist for practice sessions.

3. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Thanks, I never heard of that "garage detail". I have to try it next time. I agree that track makers should give a limit for number of opponents, but many times I've noticed that there is no such. Or then just make more garage spots - even that is a very tedious job :D