Released Released NOLA Motorsports Park!!! v100

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Feb 28, 2017.

1. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Thanks for the reply, it's just ai cars px2 cars for the URD mod

2. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

You are already using supersampling with your actual settings. Unless you don't want starting tweaking things on the inspector, I think you have to accept that and just enjoy the track course, instead worrying about what you see in the back of the grandstands along the pit exit. Let's identify a Pixel like an hardware pixel, your Monitor Pixel. This unity it's not changing, it's a stable unit. Then you have the Texels, which are the units of a texture. When you are loading a texture on your 3d mesh, you can get more texels trying to fit a single pixel, as well as the opposite. This is where Mip Maps and Texture Filtering are playing the game, trying to tame the problem. Not going into technicals, just trying to show you what you are facing. Point is game it's not a static offline render, so all that realtime filtering it's producing some motion inside your monitor pixels (jaggies), in the form of motion moire, which is the thing you are reporting. The entire Texture filtering and Mip Maps, it's a complex averaging happening realtime, so whatever you try, you'll rarely win the fight filling 1 pixel with 1 texel. That is especially for distant stuff with a transparency, and much more if you are moving in the direction of that texture, trying to fit your monitor pixels while moving. Just try focusing on the drive, because if you go out to search jaggies you will find, even on multimillionaire game titles.

Prodigy and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  3. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Gents, my rfactor stops Nola's verification at 43% and it stays like this forever and I have to run task manager to close down rf2 (cancel button doesn't work either)

Any thoughts?

4. Eddy

Eddy Registered

@feels3 maybe restarting steam client will help. Sometimes this happens but seems to be a steam issue

5. feels3

I did that but doesn't help, still stops at 43%

6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Alright , Thanks for your detailed reply :)
    Its just because i sit 55"away from a 55"4k screen i seem to just see it without looking . Sad but true .
    I'll try to not see it ,lol

What driver do you recommend and what do you do with your settings ? considering we use the same GPU .

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Try downloading the track comp manually here, and then use the old mod manager, sometimes that helps (reported by people having the same verification issue with Matsusaka).

feels3 likes this.
  8. feels3

Thanks man! Works now.

hexagramme and AceLain like this.
  9. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Sometimes the old-fashioned way is a good way LUL

[​IMG]

Guimengo, hexagramme and bwana like this.
  10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yay, awesome! :)

11. Tuttle

For obvious reasons I do not use any GPU tweak, just all maxed out ingame. Difference is I don't run such a huge 55" in front of my face. I've a triple screen, 24" x 3 on a 1080 foot, and it's all fine. I also do see motion moire on distance stuff, but as I do see on all other my games. :)

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

am I the only one that had to google that? :D

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    Tuttle likes this.
  13. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Thank you very much for the fantastic track. Only the quartermile is missing :p
    I noticed this track looks more saturated as the other tracks. But I just tested nola after update 3 and no other tracks because I had to go to work. Does update 3 affect the saturation in general or is this just track (nola) specific?
    Some builds ago I “finetuned“ my monitor to show a bit more saturation on tracks like Silverstone and nola now looks a bit bright. I guess I have to change my monitor settings for further updates tracks? Great job guys :)

14. Tuttle

We're glad you enjoy the track. My personal suggestion is, don't touch your monitor settings. We are in the middle of the big transition with DX9/11 and other things that will change the histogram and toning, and Nola have been developed with that in mind. This does not means old content will looks that much different than Nola, but new histogram allows to use more saturation because of more depth, without clamping into "cartoon" colors. So, for now, I'd just wait a bit. :)

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

USF2000 + any track = pleasure for me. It's the best sim-modelled car in rF2.

bluet, Eric Rowland and kimbo like this.
  16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Those temporary fences also shimmer at Toban. I have moire on the building near the ferris wheel, but few issues elsewhere. I gave up trying to optimize rF2 a while ago because if you use all in-sim settings, certain things look bad. If you use card driver settings, it fixes those items, but causes problems with different items. I am praying that the new DX11 system will "reset" things for me and that in-sim settings with supersampling applied by the card will actually look universally good and have playable frame rates. So far an impossible combination.

2ndLastJedi and Guimengo like this.
  17. ApainPlost

ApainPlost Registered

Great works, pleasure to play, better and better ;):p.
    Thanks S397.

18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

You speak my language, lol
    I have the same thoughts .

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  19. boxer

boxer Registered

Great job.
    I enjoy the layout, great flow for fast cars.
    Also like the look of the new trees... not perfect but good improvement over previous releases.
    ;)

20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Thank You for your awesome Sim (my absolute favourite)
    That may be obvious to you but to me (a noob) not so much, lol
    Do you always use the current nVidia driver or do you stick with a certain one?
    What number is best for rFactor 2? And GTX 1070.