Released | GT3 BOP - February 2021

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 23, 2021.

1. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

R.I.P Spock. May his spirit guide the future of simulation design. :p:D

davehenrie likes this.
  2. Sim_Player

Sim_Player Registered

Got my first GT3 for RF2 the Mercedes AMG. I don't find its physics bad , in fact i think it is one of the best cars i have driven in rf2.
    The car has proper punishment for overdriving especially the understeer is much more realistic.
    FFB is also one of the best. The wheel going light when front tyres are sliding is also what i believe to be more realistic.
    Ofcourse if there is a room for improvement i always welcome it BUT this is the correct direction S397 are taking physics and handling wise.
    no more sliding gt3 cars like its initial D , aero matters much more as it SHOULD.
    Keep up the good work S397.

memoNo1 likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

12 cars behave in one manner, 1, the Merc behaves 180° differently. Which way do you think they are going?

McFlex and Remco Majoor like this.
  4. Sim_Player

Sim_Player Registered

I don't believe that it behaves completely opposite or 180 to other cars. the ffb going lighter when you are understeering is nothing abnormal. if anything i think other content is missing this effect atleast thats based on my G27 experience and DLC cars i own.
    Physics of this car are NOT OFF infact it is one of the best car i purchased.It has the most proper understeering punishment i received in RF2 history never been so happy to see understeer lol.
    I just hope that because of this ffb criticism they don't make physics bad.

memoNo1 likes this.
  5. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

+1 !!!!

6. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Is it better than a Radical GT3 with 10kgs added though? ;)

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Sim_Player could you please advise which DLC cars you own at the moment? I'm surprised to learn this is your first GT3 purchase, if I'm not mistaken.

8. Sim_Player

Sim_Player Registered

Don't know how good BoP is in GT3.

9. Sim_Player

Sim_Player Registered

I got
    911 RSR, 488 gte , mercedes gt3, bmw m2, porsche cup and radical sr3xx. thats all, why you want to know ?

10. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

It's not a BoP problem. The radical is known for being actually crap BoP wise. Even the best drivers chose the Radical over the Merc, even with 10 KG added. The FFB has problems in the merc. Everyone I tested it with said the same, it's even acknowledged by the devs, so there is a problem there.

11. Sim_Player

Sim_Player Registered

Well to me personally i don't see any problem in driving. what are the problems that people are saying ?
    P.S : i'm not against any positive changes in cars physics/ffb. it is just that i don't want it to go step down just to get ffb needs of people.
    if i'm not wrong ffb in rf2 is straight from physics, so it means changing ffb behaviour means changes to physics.

12. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

13. Sim_Player

Sim_Player Registered

FFB going light whilst driving under the limit is a problem i agree.
    but in my driving experience the ffb goes lighter when i'm over the limit and car is sliding a bit which IMO is more realistic.
    i think in Aris's video he says that in sliding there is less self aligning torque hence wheel feels lighter.
    This is the video :

atomed likes this.
  14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Maybe not change the math behind the physics, but change the position of suspension pieces including the steering gear either ahead or behind the front axle line.

15. Sim_Player

Sim_Player Registered

Although i like how mercedes feels but there is always room for improvement. Devs acknowledge it so ,lets hope that car get even better , more realistic.
    Not just mercedes i hope all of dlc cars gets better and realistic in future, thats the dream.

davehenrie likes this.
  16. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Realistic FFB in simulations would be really boring imo. I think what people really want is realistic feedback systems in general. Since we can't achieve that, having additional feedback (to fill some gaps) through the ffb & other channels we do have, is as good as it gets, at least for now.

rF2-ffb is at the very top of my fav's list, except for those cars that utilize the fall-off effect (GT3 Merc and older ISI content). The ffb falloff effect worked fine for AC and with some hardware but, it can't compete with the more dynamic, progressive and subtle effects that we now have with the GT3 cars from S397. No other title can convey front grip-loss better than rF2, adding the fall-off effect would ruin that.

I should mention though, when I used a G25, rF2 ffb was not my favorite either. It really shines when there is more precision and range to work with.

Balazs Magyar likes this.
  17. Filip

Filip Registered

+1

But in my experience on my 2 old Logitechs Momo and Wingman rf2 has by far most informative ffb.
    I would imagine that no matter the wheel used rf2 would always have best feeling ffb to me.

And no matter if it were ISI or S397 cars.
    My first contact with rf2 was demo. FR3.5 and Megane are ISI cars and are still one of the best feeling cars in rf2.

18. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

When will GT Pro BOP updates trickle to the official GT3 content? Why doesn't GT Challenge use GT Pro BOP?
    Besides GTC, there are so many private leagues out there using the GT3 pack waiting for a proper BOP. It seems very weird that if the BOP is good enough to be used in GT Pro (should be the ultimate benchmark, not just a BOP proving ground, right?) that it isn't then directly applied to the whole modpack.