[REL] Released | Formula E Content Update March 2021

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Mar 16, 2021.

1. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

It's a tough prioritization decision on what content (cars/tracks) to create, and to decide if you are trying for maximum interest of your own customers who already exist or are trying to reach out to new ones.

Formula E is a tough one for this. The newest article I can find about it is from Forbes. According to them, in 2018 more than 300 million people globally tuned in to watch at least one F-E race. Now, that's a bullshit number, but a better one is an average of 27.1 million watched a race. In the USA Fox Sports 1 got 412,000 viewers in a couple of races, and at that stage IndyCar was getting 457,000. On the face of it, it was a growing series with major manufacturer and FIA backing, and one it seemed logical to hook your wagon to. Since then, they've had the Gen 2 cars and stopped the silly swap-a-car in the middle of the race, the cars are faster (174mph allegedly) and certainly there are lots of crashes to keep people entertained. Somewhere along the line though, F-E had an esports series and whoever it was who created that folded or stopped doing it and S397 weren't able to provide the tracks for a full series (there was a 3rd party dev team for the prior incarnation). And it especially seemed popular with the 13-17 and 18-24 peeps (where I'd bet older folks like me prefer the traditional racing series and internal combustion engines and you know, some actual noise).

S397 must have gotten some connections with the FIA out of this, and I have to think that helped with ACO/FIA WEC sportscar world as well. SRO is gobbled up at this point, and IMSA has an on-off relationship with iRacing (though I'd note the lack of DPi in iRacing, despite them also having a Chevy relationship). DTM wobbled and fell. Frankly S397 probably wouldn't have been in with a shout at a BTCC title or any other TCR series either without this latest deal.

They really needed enough F-E tracks to make this relationship work. Not sure about the Race At Home thing, since I don't follow F-E at all and don't own any content. But it was a logical thing to target to try to make a splash, when there were few other good options. Hopefully they can expand the content creation team, because they've got all the British tracks to do for BTCC (Thruxton, Snetterton, Brands, Oulton, Knockhill, Croft, Donny), and we still need more for endurance sportscar racing. The other problem F-E have is not keeping tracks/countries on the schedule (some COVID, but even Diryah might get replaced). But I can't feel bad that this got created and updated, even if there is other stuff I might personally prefer.

bobbie424242, StuartAM and memoNo1 like this.
  2. Travis

Travis Registered

I'm here to support S397 and the tracks are of interest hence I bought them. Same for the Formula E cars and the insanely quick fictional electric car.

Of course I would prefer the traditional circuits mentioned already but we'll crafted tracks from S397 are always welcome.

3. Sim_Player

Sim_Player Registered

To me FE makes sense if S397 has getting the FE cars and tracks for very cheap ...more cheaper than traditional cars and tracks.
    Otherwise it is a complete waste of resources.
    traditional racing tracks and cars will sell way more despite their higher licensing cost (IF it is higher than FE that is).
    Racing is not going to save the planet, if they want to save the planet all of racing needs to be stopped INCLUDING electric one.
    racing/race car is hobby ,it is for entertainment.
    Well if we want fun then might as well add better content and keep the boring eco friendly, save the planet agenda for road car. as they are MUCH MUCH bigger contributors of global warming etc.

4. Comante

Comante Registered

It is quite easy to go to steam, check subscriptions numbers for content and see how wrong you are.

memoNo1 likes this.
  5. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

a content I don't like was published, now I assume that everything I don't like, others don't like and everything I like, others like. I also think I know how resources are wasted in a developer studio working on content I don't like. Interesting views......;-)

I personally don't like Formula E even though I bought all the content. I just don't like the driving experience, apart from that the content is very good and very interesting (you can even drive the tracks with other cars ;-)). But RF2 has a unique selling point that is perceived by the general public, so the discussion about it is actually invalid.

6. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

Hello,

How can I delete paid DLC? I got the FE cars but only used them once and don't want them cluttering up my cars selection screen.

Also, is there any way of sorting cars into a folder so I can, let's say, have all my prototype /endurance cars under one heading?

Thank you

7. lagg

lagg Registered

AFAIK, you can't.
    If you create a vmod including the cars that you want, those will be listed inside that series.

Elcid43 likes this.
  8. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

That is a bummer about the DLC. I will research the vmod thing and try to figure that out.

Thank you very much

lagg likes this.
  9. lagg

lagg Registered

I forgot to say that this has to include the circuit/s that you want to use.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    Elcid43 likes this.
  10. J0E

J0E Registered

I don't know about unsubscribing to paid content. The grouping/sorting needs further info. Do you want them all grouped when you are looking at files and folders in Windows Explorer? Do you want them all listed under one "Endurance" heading when you go to All Cars and Tracks? Do you want them all listed under one heading when you go to the race setup and choose your opponents? The first would be possible with the Windows "mklink" command. The second I don't know how to do. The third could be done by adding a new classification/category in the individual veh mas file for each car.

Elcid43 likes this.
  11. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

It would be the second one, of course lol.

Thank you

12. sg333

sg333 Registered

I cant drive through the The Attack Mode on New York, car stops dead.

Attached Files:

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you're on an older build that will happen.

sg333 likes this.
  14. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

15. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

thanks to the sale, I have now the Gen 2 pack + 6 tracks (Ive already owned 2)

16. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Ok the engine sound is bugged, with the RC...

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021