Released cars feedback thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rasmus H Andreasen, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Rasmus H Andreasen

Rasmus H Andreasen Registered

Hello

I couldn't find a thread about this, so I decided to create one. In this thread, you can give feedback on the cars released by Studio 397. It could be handling, physics, visuals etc.

I gonna start by giving my feedback on the newly released Cadillac DPi-V.R, and more specific the Hypercar version of it.
    Recently the Hypercar class was scrapped from VEC and the release of the Cadillac DPi-V.R with a Hypercar package looked like a replacement for the McLaren Senna. In order for that to work, the Cadillac would need to be faster than it currently is.

I tested the Cadillac Hypercar version against the Oreca 07 and Ligier JS P217 LMP2 at Spa. There was barely any difference in lap times. The Cadillac might have a bit more engine power, but still, it should be more.
    Compared to the DPi version of the car, the Hypercar felt then the aero and mechanical grip couldn't handle the extra engine power. I would expect it to have LMP1 kinda downforce and still be faster on the straights than the LMP2's. Otherwise, we will see the same in series' like VEC as we did with the Senna, where it was faster on the straights, but the same speed or slower in the corners.

The Cadillac DPi-V.R is a great edition to rFactor 2 IMO, but the hypercar version needs some tweaking if the intention is to run it in VEC as the top class.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You've posted this in the wrong place. Try the technical support section, hosting subforum if relevant, and include the error/screenshot.