Released Released | BMW M4 Class 1 2021

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

@Sim_Player
    I don't get that bounciness with the car on my setups.
    If you look at the video i posted about the Paul Ricard laps, i go over the curbs (after main straight for example) quite courageously, and the car behaves very well. Especially on the second lap where tires are already up to temp, i can blast thru the curbs everywhere on the track, with ease, and the car feels very planted.
    1st lap i had couple of slips on throttle, but that's because the tires were still cold. Still no unexpected traction loss due suspension movement, or lack of it.
    And the slips were very easy and fast to catch. I don't think there is anything in the cars behavior that i would call abnormal with my setups, that land pretty much in the middle of the allowable range of the settings.

This bug you found, is obviously abnormal. But is in the far edges of the allowable setting to have for the suspension. Propably why it didn't come up in internal testing..?
    Not saying, you shouldn't be able to put 6 cm of packing, or lower the rideheight to minimum, or both together.
    I just don't see the point to do that, that's all.

2. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

very much possible. also my brain possibly filters quite a lot of bouncing, as vr is rather bouncy experience at first.
    im just so used to it now, that i may not notice little extra bounciness..

Sim_Player likes this.
  3. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Use more throttle. You can regulate the wear with driving style. If you can't, make the car more oversteery

4. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Don't drive full send oversteer then. Balance the car. I do get a little more front wear, bit that's something I do on purpose, since when the tank gets emptier the car gets more playful

Sim_Player likes this.
  5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I would suppose that if you push the car on the limit both at front and at the rear, and fronts wear more, it means you drive front over the limit a lot more. I don't remember whats the max toe out at front, but if you use such setting and neutral at the rear, then obviously rears will wear less most of the time, especially in case if you have little bit of reserve how you add throttle, and also what aero settings do you use.

P.S. @Sim_Player Why you use max negative toe at front ? I know this car is a bit understeery at lower speeds, more tight turns. But does more toe out really help, or you just actually have to turn your steering a bit more for same steering response ? You could achieve similar result by using slower steering ratio without increasing tire scrubbing with increased toe angle.

6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Sorry, but I can't manage to spot where I got it wrong. You spoke about toe out at front, and I spoke about toe out at front. I actually just read my own post two more times, and I can't figure it out. P.S. -0.059 is not that much though, well perhaps for tires like that and with lots of downforce it is quite a bit, I don't know. Still adds some scrub and also means you have to steer more to achieve required slip angle when turning in on the outer wheel (which usually does most of the job). Anyway... thats just my understanding of toe, it is either built in added slip angle, or it is substracted slip angle from initial turning. I don't understand those theories that somehow toe settings can improve straight line stability, I think the only thing any toe angles does in straights is robbing speed and adding tire wear and adding heat. I don't know why some cars are sometimes engineered with significant toe angles, perhaps to balance the cars, or to compensate bump steer extremes, I have not enough understanding about toes.

7. Josecm

Josecm Registered

Hello, two days ago I participated on a race with this BMW.

When I tried to change the fuel before Race starts, the fuel wasn't editable and I couldn't change it. It said "0.0L(N/A)".

Other racers said me that they could change it without problems.

I attached a photo.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

same here, I assumed DTM doesn't allow refueling.

9. Josecm

Josecm Registered

No, the problem isn't to make a pit stop along the race to refueling.

I mean BEFORE the race starts, in setup I can't increase the fuel after doing the Qualify, to have more fuel for the race itself. The fuel value isn't available, and the arrows to change it aren't clickable.

10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

that depends on the server configuration.............if you have the parc ferme

11. Josecm

Josecm Registered

The race organizator said me that he saw this problem other times. Seems a bug because the other racers could change the fuel before the race starts.

Sorry by my English, what is parc ferme?

12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I only speak Spanish, I try to speak in English with the translator, that is, removing or adding fuel is blocked, it is modified in the server itself
    If it is configured that fuel is not added, you will not be able to add when passing classification when going to the race

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Josecm parc ferme refers to the locking of setups after qualifying. That can happen to only the top x drivers, but it sounds unlikely. I'm sure the race organiser would be aware if that were the case.

juanchioooo likes this.
  14. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I thought that was the problem, I tested the cars and they always let me put fuel before going to the race

15. Josecm

Josecm Registered

The fact is that all racers in this race could change the fuel for the race length. I was on Qualify and it wasn't ended yet when I tried to put more fuel for the race, and it was freezed and unchangeable.

I don't know what happened but if the rest of the players could change it, then there isn't a matter of server configuration, it's?

juanchioooo likes this.
  16. Josecm

Josecm Registered

I also want to add that I was 17th of 25 players running the Qualify.

juanchioooo likes this.
  17. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

so it was rfactor error ....nothing to do with the server

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I was only explaining what it meant. :rolleyes:

19. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Thank you for the observation @Sim_Player - this is something that will be looked into by the development team. Thank you

20. coasting&cruising

coasting&cruising Registered

Hi, I can't find the official announcement where they talk about the tyre model update, do you have a link?