Released Released | BMW M4 Class 1 2021

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Just did a 5 laps race in spa, and recorded it.
    Watched it and noticed, that every little mistake on braking, leads to overdriving, to get thru the corner trying not to lose too much time for the mistake.
    I had couple of such mistakes, so yeah. definitely driver induced extra wear on the fronts.

After 5 race laps and inlap, my tire wear was:
    FL 78% FR 75%
    RL 84% RR 83%

Laptimes:
    2:15.509
    2:08.566
    2:08.790
    2:09.358
    2:09.509
    ---
    Raced against 100% AI, started 10th, but gained 6 pos in the start. withheld that pos 4 to the end.
    heavy real road preset, 0.8x multiplier.
    Weather light coulds/sunny 13, 15, 17 18 18'C

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  2. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

https://ibb.co/HGrKhRg
    https://ibb.co/fxb4NN6
    Cant get these pics to embed... so links above..

Edit: F*** them pics. here's the video of the race:

Other than the few mistakes, i don't spot myself overdriving the car that much?
    The setup is now v.3 usually it becomes publishable around v.6 or 7
    I'll share it here when it's done.
    Hopefully i can beat the AI then with it, but damn, that's tough cookie..

P.S. the game looks rather good in the video, eh?
    P.S.S it doesnt actually. i dont know what happened. but the quality is poor this time in you tubee. and starts to stutter at the end. og capture was fine... i'll investigate..

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  3. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

you are both dutch right? there should be a rule for dutch to be able to only drive fixed...
    cause the dutch advantage:

Remco Majoor and vava74 like this.
  4. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Kevin is Belgian though

5. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

ah my bad. his name just sounds very dutch to me..

6. Kevin van Dooren

Kevin van Dooren Registered

Never trust Remcoo_O
    Or the LMVS Monza stream....
    I'm dutch;)

Remco Majoor and Kelju_K like this.
  7. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Anyways. Back to the BMW.
    This is ment for those feeling the wooden tires and that there is no mechanical grip. If you still are here...?

I think the default setup just has the aero balance bit too much in the rear. And maybe there is little bit too much of it..?
    When you lower the rear wing, even a little, the rear grip vanishes more drastically than usual.
    Obviously you should always compensate every change you make into the setup, with other settings. But usually you can get away with more changes to the rear aero, without it having such drastic effect immediately.
    Doing so, the rear feels really stiff, and there is not much mechanical grip when the downwards pressure (to the suspension) from the wing lowers even just a little bit.
    Increasing the aero gradually, would be much easier to do, than coming down from high rear wing pressure which needs really stiff suspension with very little suspension travel. But the intention with this (having much aero) i believe 100% was to make it easier for you to drive.

However, this might get you in to a bind a little, if you start lowering the rear wing. As it makes it slightly more difficult to find the mechanical grip, because the starting point is very stiff and has little travel.

I suggest making a very soft setup, and move the aero balance to the front with ride height adjustment, to have more neutral starting point.
    Find the mechanical grip first, as much as you can find it, with low aero. And then start to increase it gradually.
    Don't try to make fast laps when you are searching for the grip. Don't even look at the times.
    I suggest do it by feel, but telemetry software can be useful too.

You will find that there is mechanical grip, and the tires wear more evenly when you get where you want to be with it.

Hope this helps!

svictor and pkelly like this.
  8. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

:D

9. Sim_Player

Sim_Player Registered

I might be wrong but the lack of grip could be related to packers problem i report earlier, i think the suspension travel is very very low on both axle.
    and using 0 packing is not possible due to bottom out , scraping(unless you go near max stiff suspension then u are back to level 1 i.e low grip especially on rough surfaces).
    this is why car jacks up on front and rear even with moderate amount of packing.(like 2cm or 3cm ....nowhere near 6cm limit)
    I don't see such extreme ride height changing on others cars....hence my conclusion.
    maybe adding more suspension travel will fix this.

10. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

I don't find any lack of grip in the car...
    Only slight unresponsiveness in the fronts with the default setup, that makes them feel bit wooden.
    Nothing that you can't cure with setup tough.
    Actually very small changes to the setup gets rid most of the unresponsiveness, by making the car just a bit more front sensitive.
    I shared that setup here earlier with the small changes:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/14jbCzqQADy6dYqK6EyS72_k95VSJ1Nkq/view?usp=sharing
    It still has the aero balance in the rear, so it's very easy setup to drive.

Moving the aero balance more to the front to add bit more rotation to the car, makes things bit more complicated, as does lowering the rear wing even more to make it bit faster, but those are completely separate things. And again, both are totally doable with setup even in it's current state.

There is that bump damping ride height bug that you found (kudos for that!) and it makes the setup work more tedious, and adds a new layer of difficulty to it.
    The bump stop bug (that you also found! :cool: ) is problem only with extreme values imo, and i don't think such extreme value are needed (on most tracks at least).

Anyway, since there are acknowledged bugs, they are gonna be fixed, so new version is coming at some point.
    Lets see how it changes things.

11. Sim_Player

Sim_Player Registered

The bumpstop bug doesn't need to go to extreme values to run into problems.
    on some softer setup i'm easily running on bumpstop while stationary at low value as 2.0cm.
    this point you visibly see RH change and driving becomes "wooden".
    But i don't know about how to solve it, waiting for both of those things to be fixed.
    Edit: My "solution" to add more travel is flawed, i must admit. because this way it will be same thing except i will have to use higher values.
    This could be little bit deeper issues.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
  12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

i love this car
    if anyone wants to test my racing setup in sebring for 60 minutes of racing, normal fuel, normal tire consumption,
    quick lap qualification 1,52,792
    fast race lap 1,54,303
    race map: Race
    average target time per lap: 1.55, xxx
    Keep in mind that I am not a fast rider, that to be stable in times you do not have to go strong at the beginning, so that the tires last and only make one stop.
    remember to accelerate smoothly, we must not skid if we want to hold the rhythm well

https://www.mediafire.com/file/mby465locezqnhr/sebring+60+minutos.svm/file

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    svictor and pkelly like this.
  13. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

we got error message only with this mod, any ide, what is it?
    package:
    1. original mod
    2. skin package only
    3. custom circuit (its work with other mod)

some drivers can to join, some drivers get error message and can't join

upload_2021-11-24_19-28-49.png

14. svictor

svictor Registered

Most likely it's a server mods conflict. Unless the base mod already uses upgrades method for skin(car) or layouts(track), which could coexist if the customized mod also use an upgrades on top of the base, otherwise they will conflict if a player had once entered another server with or without customized mods. (For example, all official paid DLC mods are upgrades type, they have an additional folder with upgrades files; and most of free mods/DLC are not upgrades based, especially for tracks.)

Try uninstall all server mods(series) that uses same or based car/track before joining server, this can be done using mod manager in bin64 folder, and make sure all related mods dependency is resolved as well (if dependency is not resolved, either it is not possible to uninstall, or game will think mods are damaged and will attempt to reinstall the mod(by auto searching packages folder) in next launch, which could cause more confusion.

Our league this year had a lot similar issues, all related the things mentioned above, and it is hard for average player to solve themselves, some players even gave up and quit. It would be nice that upgrades type of mods can be coexist even if the base mod doesn't have an upgrades.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    Emery likes this.
  15. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

No, the problem is different. We checked it with a new, empty rF2, with new install. Same problem

16. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

If you are subscribed to a package of skins, and after they have updated an official car, when trying to enter the updated car again, it will not leave you until you unsubscribe from the skins, update the official car and reinstall the skins and it will let you in, keep in mind that if there is a subscribed mod the same thing happens with the skins

17. Sim_Player

Sim_Player Registered

hello, if anyone of u ran m4 on mugello then could u share whats top speed u are reaching by end of straight ? (consistently)