Released Released | Autodromo Nazionale di Monza

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Definetly. Will not lose more time with this guy when I showed a video of wheel spin on the GTE and the car is not on rails. I prefer RF2 to AMS2, but saying it's total arcade after all Reiza has done it's not right and Reiza deserve better at this time and I want to defend devs who actually work like crazy since they've put their hands on Madness engine.

2. mjo1704

mjo1704 Registered

monza reflection issue upload_2021-6-26_15-43-49.png upload_2021-6-26_15-41-9.png upload_2021-6-26_15-41-9.png

3. mjo1704

mjo1704 Registered

monza reflection issue 2b.png monza reflection issue pic 2

Attached Files:

AlexHeuskat likes this.
  4. mjo1704

mjo1704 Registered

wet race 20 cars practice gte cars 67 fps-bmw m4 cars 63 fps on main straight .cpu 4.4 ghz gpu 1080ti ram 24 gt

5. justposted

justposted Registered

I thought ACC had ruined Monza for me, but I was wrong. It's great to have this track in rF2, with the car handling, time of day and (now) weather effects. No regrets from me for buying it. A joy to hammer round in the new BMW Class 1, above all.

I will note that the SSR rain effects are a little off. Odd rectangles of wet/dry appear for a while, before it settles into being a fully wet track.

Now I'm off to get my a*se handed to me by the other players in the Competition System.

atomed likes this.
  6. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

7. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Fix for AI is out!
    Thank you very much S397!

8. Pales

Pales Registered

Fix for the AIW*

The lack of slip stream is still very apparent it would seem, alongside all the other AI issues.

9. Team Dano

Team Dano Registered

Tested this new track today, a 3 hour multi-class WEC style race vs. the ai. Noticed ai cars, of all classes having trouble with the curbs and spinning. Ai cars are not passing lapped traffic on the pit in lap. Also ai cars pit stops take longer than players pit stop. Overall I like this track a lot but wish these ai issues would be addressed.

10. Stockers

Stockers Registered

Good luck with that mate. S397 management don't appear interested in sorting this behaviour out.

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

AI may have been repairing damage. The rest, are all known. The Not Passing issue has been here almost for S397's entire existence.

Team Dano and Pales like this.
  12. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Yeah, I'm not sure if RFactor2 graphics warrants this sort of performance, in my opinion. It's looking quite good to me - maybe I would prefer 3d trees, but since that would get even worse performance... ACC actually works better then this for me with simillar graphics settings, even during the night and rain compared to these tracks on dry and no headlights... Headlights are a huge FPS killer!!

I hope they focus a bit on these things and maybe they need some better LOD settings, don't know.

13. Pales

Pales Registered

Welcome to offline racing on rFactor 2, where just about everything is broken and has been for the past 5 years.

14. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

I think I've read on Discord some AI guy was recruited... So lets hope fixes come sooner then later.

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Remember, graphics are not the sole reason for the fps generated by rF2. The tire physics are running at a much higher rate than any other comparable sim, Physics in general eat prodigious cpu cycles. That said, whether it is PBR shaders, IBL, the new rain reflections, each improvement has added to the strain on video cards. Users with 6+GB of video memory seem less affected, especially at most of the newer laser scanned tracks.

16. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

No, my case has always beem GPU maxing out, never the CPU. I'm sure it happens but it's not really the main reason. This game even before the PBR had problems with headlights and rain effects affecting performance. That should be looked at. Needs more optimization compared to other games to be honest.

17. Simonk

Simonk Registered

I'm confident S397 are working on the AIW to fix the spinning issues. They fixed it for Spa. Someone mentioned above about AI receiving blue flags. S397, if you're still listening, the AI aren't yielding properly under blue flag. It's like they're programmed to slow down at certain parts of the track but the rest of the time they'll fight you for position. I found it difficult to get past them.

Team Dano likes this.
  18. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I've made a gt3 race without Mercedes...no issue...the best feeling about GT3.
    the Mercedes is the car which crashes a lot....

19. Team Dano

Team Dano Registered

Maybe for a single class sprint race the aiw is passable, but in a longer multiclass endurance race the aiw still needs a lot of work. If these issues are not sorted out, I will not be buying any more paid content. :mad:

Nieubermesch likes this.
  20. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I understand...I only hotlap...or sprint race with max 1 hour...and max 15AI....I understand you...

Nieubermesch likes this.