[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. pleclair

pleclair Registered

I'll do right now, I did this on purpose, I wanted to hear what you guys were saying about it, before updating the first post! Wanna make sure it was okay with the first few that tested it.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Sorry to go off-topic, but where does one find this car? I can't see it on their Website!

3. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Did a video of V0.97n, was a quicky just to get back into editing again so nothing special and quality could be better but fun anyways.

Lost a few fps with this version but i'm pretty happy with this update :)

4. pleclair

pleclair Registered

It's the EGT package, available in pre-order... that means beta :)

But it's pretty solid as is. Lots of enjoyment :) The viper is the venom!

Totally worth it. I highly suggest anyone who hasn't gotten both t5 and egt series to get them asap if you can afford them. It's worth a lunch each, and you will get so much more out of it.

Riding them on nord is the perfect fit. The t5 series can be such a blast... the grip is awesome, but you can nevertheless totally wreck it by pushing over the limit! The egt series feels like isi's gt a bit. Less grippy (to be expected), but maybe a bit grippier than isi's.. overall much fun!

Frequent updates to EGT happens about every 2 weeks or so...

5. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Hey Dentsjiro, seeing your driver perspective, this is how i imagine your drivers body:
    View attachment 10964

6. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Nice video and nice lap :) How did you setup your camera to get the view you wanted? Is there some features I'm not aware of? Can you set camera presets and save them to recall them as wanted in the replays?

7. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Whats wrong with my perspective Jerry?
    (it changes per mod and mood in rf2 though!)

Pleclair those are standard cams, home key, pageup, insert, all multiple camera's under 1 key. end/page down and then numlock-keys to move around. there's a huge range of different cams if you include a back-button as well and then U for free cam.

8. jayblue

jayblue Registered

Just downloaded and tried version "N" and i am very impressed. This track has come a long way since its original release and is now a must have for every RF2 player. Great job and keep up the good work! ;)

9. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

You look like you're super far from the steering wheel because of the FOV, hence the stretched monster alien image.

10. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Yes. But when i have to explain it is a sign that was a bad joke.
    Sry Dentsjiro was not to mock, back to the thread. :(

11. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Lol don't worry Jerry, I kinda got it the first time :p

12. Thor

Thor Registered

After many tests the perfect FOV is 40. Put the car seat back. Is very real. After seeing many real videos I came to the Conclusion That 40 is the perfect FOV. My monitor is 24 inches. Tested in a 40-inch TV and got the same thing. Perfect! ;)

13. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

the last release of this track looked good, but now it's just looking amazing. I can't believe how good it looks now compared to the original starting version. MY GOD... Seriously amazing work, and to keep getting it noticeably better and better with each release... fantastic job.

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Didn't I tell you that last version . ? lol

The hassle with chrome is the update and cache size.

You can permanently kill updates ( tricky ) once you do, you add passwords, bookmarks, tabs , then clear the cache again and archive that sucker.

later versions should be no more then say 300mb with your cached pages ( after you delete updates )

That way you can delete Chrome folder ( userdata/roaming/google ) and replace with the archive anytime without even re installing.

If you think you have loaded some bad pages delete Chrome and copy and paste fresh.

At most you will have to reboot to cleanly delete the Google folder or use unlocker

This is good for pleclairs situation.

Replace the archive will have your prefered pages, tabs, bookmarks and passwords back to new.

Magic job on Ring tourist ...

15. gunnar333

gunnar333 Registered

Did you guys tried jdownloader?
    It can capture what you copy in the clipboard.
    I never had any download failure with mega.
    http://jdownloader.org/

16. Wheely

Wheely Registered

Hi,
    nothing to see from the new version in the BTSync folder :( .
    Someone can do that, please?.

17. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I added it to my BTsync folder but the starter with write permissions needs to change it for the seeding to start.

18. pleclair

pleclair Registered

If you are having problems downloading from Mega, and using chrome, make sure that all you see in the right most part of the address bar is a star icon. If there is another icon, I'm not sure what it was, I think it was a shield icon, hover your mouse on it, and it will tell you the site is trying to load an external script or something.

You are most likely infected by malware in this case, it happened to me a few days ago.

When trying to load mega.co.nz all I had was the initial mega logo, but it never proceeded to load... so check this out...

19. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Making great progress on the mesh guys!

Turns out, I'm really happy to have screwed up! Merging the whole thing together is the best thing I could have done to it. There was a lot of terrain objects not aligned together. Now that it's all merged, it's a lot easier to go around the previous objects pieces and select the verts and collapse them. This should resolve most cases of terrain flickering. I fixed quite a few in my previous attempt, but I think it will be much better this time around.

I'm only gonna have a lot of fun splitting this, and will probably need a few tries to get it done properly.. but working on the mesh as a whole is much easier and allows for more extensive work, without all reordering the nearby objects.

What I mean by this, is, I'm smoothing out all hills, and stuff! There won't be no more sharp edges :)

I got the bridge 1 side hills smoothed out, the hills after the gp overlap, and all the way to the second bridge. All the far scenery will also be smoothed out. Turns out the resolution is so low, that mesh smoothing once barely increases it... smoothing the whole hills after the gp overlap increase the poly count by 1000-2000 or so... so that's about a 3d tree.

The number of verts is still very good. Started after importing with around 95000 for all terrain objects, merged down to around 55k, and now I'm at 65k. The road mesh isn't smoothed yet. Since I'm working with such a large object as a whole, I will do the little smoothing first, to keep the poly as low as possible for working, and when I'm done with the hills and stuff, I'll smooth the road, the far scenery, and then split.

Once I'm done, I'll need to re-assign all the mats, quite some work there too, but once done... we should be at a level higher than tourist is actually. All the textures of tourist+much smoother landscape, and I'll smooth out the remaining fences that are still rough.

It should be looking like something made post 2010 at long last :)

I'm sure the smoothed out hills will do a wonder with the lighting... everything was so ..... flat... before... there should be a lot more shading going around!

Keep you updated!

EDIT: I learned about freeform tools, the push/pull, relax, smudge, etc tools are awesome! Having lots of fun with this now! The landscape should also look more organic, and less calculated.

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

What did we do to deserve this? ;)