[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Theres a couple of overly bumpy parts I think, and sometimes i get some white dots on a seam in the road, but apart from that it's already great fun and drives great
    Thanks for putting your time into this!

2. pleclair

pleclair Registered

I don't have as much time on the week days than on the week end, but since I couldnt start working on trees, I made up a track icon for the track selection screen, updated the loading screen with the one from max, created the little layout icon at the bottom of the larger track selection one.

Missing the red little one for the main menu, then it will be looking like a standard track!

I also looked into the pit timing thing...

There is two xsector on the track (plus the start/finish one) and there is an xsector 3 and 4 in close succession at the pit.

It leads me to believe that crossing xsector 3 and 4 fooled rFactor to think you just ran thru the sectors on track, so when you crossed the start/finish one, it would start timing.

I applied the same properties to xsector 3 and 4 in the scn file that 1 and 2 had.

Basically the main difference was 1 and 2 being set to render false, collision true, driveable false, visgroup 416, response vehicle,timing.

The sector 3 and 4 were render=true (not set), collision false, drivable true, visgroup 32, response vehicle,timing if I remember correctly.

So now, the checkerflag pattern doesnt appear, but it doesnt seems to work either. It doesnt start counting when I cross the finish line after running thru in practice or warmup.

Could it be that rF2 doesnt support this as of yet? Maybe there is only sector 1 and 2 supported? Havent recalled seeing tracks with more than 3 sectors, including the start/finish.

3. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Any setup tips? For the other Nords all I had to do was raise the ride height 3 clicks. That won't do for this one. Any tips you or others can share for 60s F1 would be appreciated. Spring adjustments? I know Nords very well and love it but I'm getting a bit of a headache with all the bouncing, even with head motion plugin. Any tips at all are appreciated. Love the track just getting very beat up by it. Don't remember rF1 being this rough at all but driving with different cars. Anyway, many thanks in advance.

4. Rocksor

Rocksor Registered

Right I'm sure he could help as the trees on his tracks are the best looking, we have in rF2 atm.

Just downloading the track and looking forward to drive it! Thank you very much pleclair! That was really a high speed conversion! Can't believe how fast you did this! Probably the way you choose is the best way for doing this. You can give the community what they need and instantly get tons of feedback on your work.

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I already made some online laps and the road feels already very good! you should make a lot of work to improve the trees, because a good looking trees is what makes the Nord' looks great!

6. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

There's an issue in the garages. I was in an online session and I could not leave my garage spot. It was like the Camaro was beached and I just couldn't move. Probably for the better since the Camaro is best enjoyed when NOT MOVING. Not a very good car IMHO.

But I had gotten out to do a few laps before I got beached and this track is gorgeous. Well done.

7. pleclair

pleclair Registered

To get the 66 camaro unstuck, enable AI for a sec :) I'll need to figure which spawn point in the aiw is the 66 camaro...

8. pleclair

pleclair Registered

I think I might be on to something regarding trees..

Won't have much time to test more until later this evening, but I'm starting to understand I think! :)

Might be able to swap them sooner than I thought earlier.. we'll see! Will be a lengthy process once I'm sure I can do one that billboard...

I'll keep you guys updated!

9. pleclair

pleclair Registered

rF1 didnt had the FFB rF2 have :)

The track is fine imo.. its one of the bumpiest track of the world... have a look at the pdf guide that's been sent yesterday...

You have to change racing line in real life because of the bad quality of the road, bumps and so on.

I know I dont want any smoother than this, and i'm sure most of those liking it dont want to as well!

I'll release the rf1 version when I'll release final (the first convert I did with no road mesh upgrade) you'll see how bumpy it was in rf1 using rf2 ffb :p

edit: If you dont know the track well, get used to it with a slower car, like clio... fun drive over there, and you wont wreck so much! :) That's what I do for now! Give yourself time to learn it, and read the pdf about it. Its got more than 150 turns to learn... it wont happen overnight :)

10. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Man, the elevation in this version is intense, never got this elevation in other versions of this.

I LIKE IT! And man, there are some bumps!

11. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Thanks, Preclair. And I completely agree that track bumpiness is accurate because of positive feedback so far and also agree that it makes sense that ffb increases feeling.

Never thought of changing racing line because bumps but that is cool and add another dimension and more challenge, like rally :p

Oh, I know the track. No problems at all wrecking (other than my shoulder and neck :p). I will play with spring rates as i know they are too soft as I have them. I will also try without head motion plugin just out of curiosity even though that may be suicidal :p

12. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

I have to say this is great. Well done. I am having a blast in the Camaro on here

13. pleclair

pleclair Registered

I just added the Nordschleife Guide submitted by Hectari yesterday to the first post! Check it out! It's an amazing guide!

14. Dale B

Dale B Registered

I can't seem to run the 79 mod here, the cars just feel like there dragging an anchor around. I go back and run the 60's mod and everything is great, pull the 79's back up and same thing, just won't run here. Only problem I've had with the track, loving it, thanks again.

15. tjc

tjc Registered

Many thanks for the work youv`e put into getting this up and runing pleclair, very much appreciated.

Thanks also to max and Hectari. Not at my sim rig right now so won`t be able to test yet :(

But soon... :cool:

16. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Did a quick test, seems fine to me Dale.

Could be a setup thingy, maybe increase ride height.

Here's mine for the M29. quick tweak from my Zolder setup:

Attached Files:

17. Dale B

Dale B Registered

Thanks for the set Rouke but no go, I've run into this before. I'm helping test the F1-S-R 91 mod and I have the same thing with that mod with certain cars, can't figure it out. Everything is like it's in slow motion. For this track I've run the 60's Eve F1's, Formula Two's & the Lola mod here with no problems, 79 I've tried multiple cars and it's the same for all of the 79 cars.

18. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Thank you for your work and release of the Greatest Track Ever!

Also to Com8 for bringing it to us in rFactor.

Please don't take the bumps out.. it feels so real now, not like some places that don't have any contours.

FYI: The Teleport locations in the AIW tell the game where to spawn the grid when you go straight to a rolling start without the warmup lap I believe.

19. Eliminator694

Eliminator694 Registered

Yeah the same thing happens to me.

20. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

A better trees will make this track looks much better!