[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Had the same trouble getting out myself on my first try!

There are still some cars that I spawn in, and have to look around so I know where to go! :)

Same! I'm still crashing on my first lap most of time! Managed two clean laps yesterday in the clio, and my second lap, timed, was 9:26, far from stellar! :)

2. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Right, I'll be doing this layout as well... so that one will have a grid... I doubt the tourist have one...

You can skip rolling start btw ;) You dont have to drive a full lap at 80km/h :)

EDIT: When I started, I wanted to do all layouts included in the 2.2a release, but looks like there are some that are redundant. So I'll likely be doing the 24h one, I'll see what the fog version add, maybe do it too, and want to do the fall and winter version of the tourist.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
  3. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Try it ;)

4. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Sorry for being ignorant, but what does open gearbox means?

5. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Wow, courageous to have tried this track with that car! I couldnt drive that around silverstone! No brakes!

6. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Mak sure you release the GP track by itself as well! ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
  7. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Nice work pleclair!!!

Can you make some changes to the gdb file in the next release?

I need the geographic location for the hdr profile (times for sunset, sunrise) and a date.

8. spider19462000

spider19462000 Registered

This track with these cars=awesome,,,,, driving the meganes round here is an adventure,, spent all morning doing this,, thank god I am on two weeks holiday from work..thank you

9. joker68

joker68 Registered

Thank you for this, mate.

10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Re: [WIP] Nordschleife Tourist

Isi's megane comes with a fixed gearbox which means tou cannot change gear ratios. I made an update to include the same gearbox as 370Z, gtr and corvette whre you have plenty of combinations to better adapt the setup to the characteristics of each track.

I also added some weight because it was too powerful IMO.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

11. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Awesome work so far Pleclair. Really enjoying this circuit, it's such a blast with 30 cars multi-class.

With better trees and vegetation, 3d barriers and an HDR profile this will look very good indeed.

12. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I dont think it is a real track feature but in rF it was a sort of "shortcut", giving the chance to start from the parking but with a timed lap, at the cost of a couple of secs because the low speed when you cross the S/F line.
    Still, in a track so long, having a timed warmup lap is a great and appreciated feature. :)

Dont know how to make it possible, i guess it is something related to the position of the s/f Xsector and may be to the AIW file, but i have ZERO skill in track making, so take my words just as a wild guess. :)

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Just d/l'ing now, so can't comment yet on the track itself, but with your apparently amazing work and this attitude, we'll end up with a "perfect" version soon enough. We all owe you a ton of thanks for getting this going and carrying it as far as you can!

14. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Ok, I wanted to start swapping the trees and vegetation, and I must say I'm a little lost.

I opened up a tree object in 3dsimed and 3dsmax to see how it was done for Nords, and opened up a tree from belgium.

I sort of expected to either swap texture and add the billboard effect so they always face us, but I can't quite understand how trees are made in rF2 now.

The tree object from Nords is a bunch of planes, forming a cross or star and with the tree texture applied to each.

The tree object from Belgium is a strip of trees forming the outline of a sector on the track. It haves many many trees inside.

I switched the view to wireframe, so I could see how it was done, and to my surprise, there is nothing showing.

Was curious, opened up the same gmt in 3dsmax (had to first convert to rf1 format with 3dsimed), and again, nothing. All I see is a minuscule rectangle, and when I zoom in too much, it disappear.

Just went back to it to capture a shot, but I found out that enabling vertex submode reveals a bunch of vertex, forming the tree pattern I saw in 3dsimed.

So what would be a good and efficient way to change the trees from Nords to those of Belgium?

If I opened up each tree object from Nords, delete the content, create a vertex, set the same properties and textures to it (as belgium's), would this work?

I'm a little lost now :) I would have expected this to be really easy!

15. pleclair

pleclair Registered

I'll look into it!

If anyone can provide more ideas, let me know!

In the meantime, if I cannot get it to work in the next update, I could delete the flag object, so it doesnt look odd either.

I agree that with this track, a timed first lap is something nice to have! At first, its so hard to even make a full lap without crashing or totalling!

I've began saving my worst crash at Nords, will make a video with the many clips later :)

I got a pretty good one so far! For the first time I saw a car roll because of friction of the tyre while going sideways from offroad to tarmac! There are so many ultra tricky corner! I love that track!

Cant see myself driving any other track for a while!

Uwe really needs to add the track to rf2rank!

16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Wish I could help you pleclair but I'm not a modder, lots of talented people on the forums though

Where's feels3?

It's sounds as though your committed to this project I'm sure future updates will be great !

17. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

It takes a while to get over the steep learning curve, the Ring is very unforgiving and disappointment lies around every turn much more then any other track.
    But once you get past that point it is also much more rewarding then any other track, a special kind of addiction and in your case you will only have yourself to blame :)

18. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

This is awsome. Thank you so much for this conversion. I'm hooked. Mixed class multiplayer with ease due to the mod system. Dreamed about this. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!

19. Dale B

Dale B Registered

Another "Thank You" for this track, nicely done! What a great drive, just took the Eve F1's around and loved it. Love driving "The Ring"

20. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Basicly you just have to be able to start "after" hitting the Start/Finish, so you can get up to speed first...