[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. pas74

pas74 Registered

pleclair....don't give up!!.... next step.... 3d guard rails mandatory !!!and some small 3d grass near the curbs...Sie vous plait!:D

2. Coanda

Coanda Registered

havnt driven this since b300 & v96. Tested out b342 & v97g and I have to say congrats. A big step forward.

3. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Pleclair - your work has been phenomenal - don't give up! Take on Tosch's words as making your work of art an even better masterpiece. I am already extremely impressed by your skills, dedication and commitment to deliverimg to rF2 one of the most important tracks in the world for GT racing. People like you set trends in this niche world of ours - your name is already stamped in the books for Nords. Keep pushing and know you are amongst the v v best.

4. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

[MENTION=236]Tosch[/MENTION]; did you ever consider making a new forum topic where there would be a full list of your HDR profiles? i have stopped using any other than yours as yours are simply stunning, but sometimes tricky to find in all those forum pages, i believe Tim would agree to make the topic Sticky, would be great

5. Tosch

Tosch Registered

You can download my (newer) profiles at Mediafire. If I have something new I will upload it to this link.

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/6t3scold6s5mb/rF2_HDR_profiles

6. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

7. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Awesome

Thanks Tosch

Will you be uploading all your previous HDRs to this link?

8. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I believe my old profiles don't work as they should anymore. I don't want to start confusion by uploading to much old stuff.

If you have a special wish, I will upload what I have. :D

btw I have now a better and hopefully much faster way to create profiles (needs to be tested) so in the next days I will update a lot of profiles.

9. tjc

tjc Registered

Many thanks for all your profiles and HDR work Tosch and not just for the Ring...

Very much appreciated by us all. :)

10. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Right on man.

No requests, just curious.

As you were HDR master. :D

11. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v0.97g beta

It would be great if you start your thread Tosch, that way people can ask you there anything they want, if it is for sharing your profiles for specific tracks or maybe getting some notes or help how to create one or edit some particlar part od it.

It would be probably better organized and you can keep us updated about new profiles or updated old ones..

12. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

13. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Registered

Pleclair, the latest version is brilliant! Looks good with the latest Tosch profile in HDR. Known issues still, but DAMN, man... Congratulations on this conversion!

14. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

15. silverlight

silverlight Registered

New to the forum, for one reason only. This track and conversion. Way late in the thread (and have read the whole thing), but big props to Pleclair for the incredible work here. I'm using this for training for a trip to the Ring, and it's extremely helpful! Thanks also Tosch! (Pleclair, if you need a dontation for further development I'm game, just PM me).

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Tried the latest version of this track with Tosch's V2 HDR profile. Looked good imo, no complaints. Have to try different times of a day.

Some really nice bumps and elevations. Had few wtf moments with Howston but mainly all ok. Road surface feels and looks good.

Thank you.

17. Bigbazz

Bigbazz Registered

I have to say from a straight swap (no changes) of version E to version G everything is way way oversaturated and bright. It went from looking somewhat realistic to looking fake and computer gamelike again. It's almost like reversing the improvements made with the new Rfactor 2 graphical/lighting improvements.

Perhaps I need to change some HDR profiling as I see mentioned above, but the old version looked a lot better and more lifelike out of the box, simply from the lighting. Those bushes that come through the barriers just look absolutely ridiculous now, and the evergreen trees just don't look right. It's too bloody saturated and bright.

I appreciate the work being done, and what you have achieved so far is great but I'm probably going to go back to the E version of the track, as it is now the G version is really ugly to me.

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Yes, a quick read of the recent part of this thread would reveal that the lighting issue is being worked on--it's not as simple or straightforward as it could/should be.

You would have also read that pleclair has poured his soul into trying to do a great job with this project (which he has, in absolute and relative terms), but has disappeared from the scene for a while out of exhaustion--mostly from the inability to satisfy impatient people like you who are critical of his work to an exaggerated extent. Every version has some people saying they like the colours and others hating them. pleclair is/was also trying to work from a terrible quality monitor since he spent all his available funds on replacing other broken hardware and for software to help do this track better.

I suggest everyone here take a calm pill and realize that the whole colour texture thing is a work in progress. Who knows how long it will be before it's sorted out? In the meantime we have a Nords that is better than anyone expected to have at this juncture and that will get better over time, hopefully with pleclair leading the charge, but if not, others will inevitably step in.

Many here have already donated to a "hardware and software" fund for pleclair. More should do so. No, he isn't making a living from this. He is a person of modest means who chose to tackle this huge project and share the great results with the rest of us, until we got so self-centred ans selfish that we forgot he was volunterring his personal time to do this. He doesn't owe anyone here anything. Complainers pay attention before you manage to chase away EVERY modder in our incredibly tiny community.

Donations can be made here:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=BKPU9X7G9KUHY

Others have noted when they made a donation. Please continue to do so. The momentum is important. I just put my $20 in.

19. Bigbazz

Bigbazz Registered

It's not about complaining, it's about giving feedback. At the end of the day is that not what the thread is about? I was blown away by the E version, the first version of this track I had driven by this modder, then installed to the G only to find that things had gone wrong. So I come to the thread and comment on my experiences. I appreciate the track, I made a video of the E version telling everyone how great it is.

Like I said for the time being I will go back to the E version and keep watching. I know very well what it is like to put your heart and soul into something and then someone with no insight into the process comes and criticises it, that is why when I (as a musician/producer) do my work I will not show anyone until it is finished. Nobody can know the flow of your creative process, your vision and expectations towards the end product and how you will go about achieving it. But if you put it out into the public then that is exactly what you have to deal with.

You look at Project CARS the game, they are developing their game in the open public and were written off by a lot of people based on the very first builds, by people who have no idea about the workload and how the end result is achieved, and to this day they are dealing with this. But they chose to go down this path and have to deal with it.

20. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

pCars is not Open public.