[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

There is a distinct difference between a road with 4 meter long polygons which makes you bump around all over the place like some of the lazy conversions, and a smooth surface including appropriate bumps and dips where they should be :)

2. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Mario could you "teach" us how to increase road mesh with your GmaterialTool - in the original post maybe. TIA

3. pleclair

pleclair Registered

I've said from the start that this project could end up a community collaboration. I'll do what I'm able to do with the track, release it, and if I can't take it further, then someone will be free to take from where I am, and go from there.

I'll let you guys know when I'm done with it.

I don't see how a team can work on something like this, and not be beside each other. A lot of materials are used in various part of tracks, so if someone make changes to a material, that means I cannot be sure that my changes will be fine with your changes and so on.

All it takes is a guy with some time on his hand and dedication... which I have plenty of both of them :)

Oh I see. Well I'm happy then! I did used your gmaterialtool to split up the road from scenery (followed your nice tutorial on it, how to use gmaterial to split road and increase mesh, thanks for making this!)

I use 3dsimed to swap material by spaskis tutorial. It goes fast! Copy/Paste Materials...

Ok, before I get swarmed by these kind of post, please take note of the original version... version 2.2a... it is free to mod/convert/bla bla bla, as long as you mention who did it first.

I have no intentions of hiding who did it, and I don't want to claim this track my own.

Don't worry, I said butter smooth, compared to what it was before, like I said, it is still nordschleife, and it's not flat.

There is still lots of bumps and stuff, but they aren't related to the mesh resolution now. It is quite high actually, if you look at it in my other thread.

I'm not a long time follower of this track... I dont know it in rl, and the part you are referring to, I don't know. If it is still problematic, maybe someone after me can fix that part, or if you can give me references, maybe I can do something about it.

The mesh is already done btw :) Worked on the last past full two days on this.

Don't worry, it does! It's not a perfectly flat track! When I said butter smooth, I was referring to the bumps that were present before upgrading mesh, because of the low res of the mesh, these arent present anymore. But all other bumps are still there...

Don't worry, there are still tricky parts, where bumps can send you off if you aren't careful!

4. pleclair

pleclair Registered

The mesh is already increased :) Read my post At least I got it to run in dev mode.. you will see the mesh in 3dsmax :) last page

5. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Like I said, I was referring to the difference in the driving between the non mesh upgraded and the mesh upgraded version. All the bumps and shakes from the mesh low res is gone.

All other bumps are still present, and no elevations have been smoothed. I modified nothing except resolution.

It is still very challenging, no worry :) I doubt many will complete a first lap without totalling :) (unless you driven that track in rf1 countless times! but again it was in rf1.. rf2 is different)

6. pleclair

pleclair Registered

when I'll release, I'll release both my first non upgraded mesh version, and the last version. So you will be able to see the difference too, if curious.

7. Golanv

Golanv Registered

8. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I know, I was referring to Rocksors' post

9. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Exactly. To build this from scratch, a full team is likely needed to produce in a reasonable time frame. But the work I'm doing now would be slowed if i worked with others, considering the amount of time I can now devote to it.

10. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Currently uploading a video of the AI driving an F2 around Nords (well not a full lap, I tried to keep uploading time and size reasonable), without HDR.

I forgot I had HDR on on the first video, and shots, and it used the default HDR profile from ISI. The track would need an HDR profile (wink Tosch ;)) to look good in HDR.

Without it, it looks really good. You'll see!

Will submit once its online!

11. Tosch

Tosch Registered

You have my full attention. :D

12. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

Sounds great, can't wait to see it! Thanks again for your efforts!

13. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Re: [WIP] Nordschleife Tourist

I really admire your enthusiasm and work rate. Thanks for doing this.

Hero status awaits if you manage to nail this track.

14. pleclair

pleclair Registered

And here it is folks!

The video I was talking about earlier, it's online!

Enjoy!

Now I'm off to try to swap different materials (Silverstone, and others) to see how I can improve it easily.

15. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

amazing what you have advanced in a few days and no experience. Great job preclair

16. Rik

Rik Registered

Great job Pleclair

17. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Re: [WIP] Nordschleife Tourist

The big question...
    When do you think you will be able to release first version?
    I am really looking forward to drive around for a couple of hours.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

18. canastos

canastos Registered

That's the spirit ;)
    I want too; go pleclair :D

byyyyyyyye

19. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Great job dude, would love to test for you,i got pretty good connection to host too if need be :D

20. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

@pleclair
    Do you plan to correct all the errors with the layout or just leave it as it is in the original track?