[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Thanks, Preclair :) Plugin is TrackMap plugin.

2. Edu

Edu Registered

@Preclair
    thanks for your reply!
    I try drive in the rain, but don´t see the spray, reflection on the road and dry line.
    I referred to that, sorry for confusión and my bad english :p

3. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

First...
    Thank you Pledair for doing this. It's a massive undertaking.
    I am really excited about this. I am especially happy to see somebody who's humble enough to ask for and accept the assistance.
    I've always wanted to see a 'super collaboration' by modders...just to see how everybody would interact for the best outcome. Maybe this could be it.
    Great screens Tosch.
    It's amazing how much lighting and sky textures can contribute.
    After the Hudson Kerr updates for the original RF, you just wanted to drive the tracks. They didn't have that 'gloomy' look anymore. Thanks for helping.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2013
  4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Had to remove the download link, sorry guys. our 100GB bandwidth per month rapidly decreased in just 2 days, we no got 20GB left for the rest of the month :p

Inb4: omg torrent lopl told you so its the future

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

:)anyone?!

6. Tosch

Tosch Registered

7. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Just sent PM to Andy_rsrf requesting to add to their site.

8. Tony

Tony Registered

Great pleclair! Many many thanks for the hours you've put into this version :D

It's got so much potential.. & thanks Tosch - as always your lighting & de-saturating the colours works wonders

9. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

Thanks Tosch for the HDR Profile, looking real good!

10. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Yes I have also tried, and the reflections and this stuff isnt done yet. Will come in future updates.

However, the rain still works as expected, with the drying, showing the racing line more dry etc...

11. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Thanks Tosch!

Does it works with the current version? Or is it set to work with the settings you gave me for the gdb?

I see that there is another setting in there you didnt mentioned, but could certainly affect the display..

Actually, all this:

SkyBlendSunAngles=(-20.5, -1.0, 11.5, 25.5)

ShadowMinSunAngle=15.0

Latitude = 20 // degs from Equator (range: -90 to 90, positive is Northern Hemisphere)
    NorthDirection = 11 // the direction of North in degrees (range: 0 to 359)
    RaceDate = March 21 // default date for the race

SunriseAmbientRGB = (120,120,110)
    SunriseDirectionalRGB = (255,248,198)
    SunriseFogRGB = (204,174,240)

DayAmbientRGB = (80,89,126)
    DayDirectionalRGB = (255,255,255)
    DayFogRGB = (203,214,236)

SunsetAmbientRGB = (130,130,120)
    SunsetDirectionalRGB = (255,248,198)
    SunsetFogRGB = (204,196,122)

NightAmbientRGB = (10,19,46)
    NightDirectionalRGB = (30,30,30)
    NightFogRGB = (0,0,0)

Except race date and latitude, that you already spoken of.

12. hoover

hoover Registered

@Tosch: Thanks for the hdr update.

@pleclair: Would it make sense to distribute this great piece of art using bittorrent sync? It's a great way to distribute stuff, very easy to set up, no central server required. Here's a read only secret, maybe others will join in and help with seeding:

BUTENW4SMJWJOSS4Y75Q5EQONG2XMBZJW

It won't be fast at first, but should pick up speed as others who've already downloaded the track join in.

PS: btsync can be downloaded here for all major platforms:

http://labs.bittorrent.com/experiments/sync.html

Does it make sense to report pop ups or will many be fixed with the next update by changing the parameters?

Track has also been added to rF2 Rank and made part of the new track promo.

All the best Uwe

13. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Your welcome!

I think that a community should be just that. A group of people sharing the same interest, and helping each others progress and advance in that same interest.

So far, I was only racing, but I felt the need for a new track recently. Was racing silverstone in the fisi trying to shave 10th of sec, getting into 1:34s, but didnt made it, 1:35:100 or so was my best..

Then came the announcement of Nords by GMT, which got me really excited, but it got shut down quickly. I was really disappointed, cause I knew I was going to race that track for probably months to come.

I dont believe myself better than anyone, but as it happens, I got lots of time on my hand, so I can do things I like the most (I'm a dad at home...eh :) I would have never thought, but so is life sometimes..)

And I saw recently someone starting a track with barely little knowledge, so I was like, I can do this!

I didnt do this for fame or fortune, just wanted to have it myself, and know clearly how much others are wanting the track.. so I thought if I could put the pieces of the puzzle together, with the time at hand, I could do it relatively fast.

I must admit that seeing all the people thanking me is enough to motivate me even further, and learn more and more, to keep on improving it, until I can say that I'm happy with it.

I don't mind at all others helping me out, and giving stuff like textures, or even take a specific gmt and work on it.

I'll credit in the thread anyone who's given me help, like I'm already doing!

Hope this all goes for the best, and bring the community close together. I find too much negativity in these forums, when it shouldnt be.

14. pleclair

pleclair Registered

I'm sorry, as I said, I never really started a torrent, because of my up speed.

But what is this: BUTENW4SMJWJOSS4Y75Q5EQONG2XMBZJW ?

Thanks for adding it rf2rank! Too bad I cant put down a proper first lap to even start timing yet! :) I can't find too much time to play recently :p

15. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Well, to tell the truth, unless a large majority of people say the same for a particular bump, then maybe I would do something about it, but, it cannot be 100% accurate.

A video only shows so much, being there live would help a lot more, but unfortunately, I dont think I'll ever see the Ring live! :( I wish tho!

There might be small differences here and there, but after seeing the pdf guide of the track, the version we have is similar enough to say its nords.

After all, very little of us will be using this to train to go live on the track, so it all comes down to being a very challenging track, something we didnt had before... and probably wont ever have again, since nords is pretty unique in itself.

If people with actual live knowledge of the track can confidently make mods to the layout and know they are right about it, then I'm all for them to make the mod.

But having no experience in actual track making, never having seen the track itself live, would only lead to it being inaccurate anyway.

At least, this particular version is known by many (unfortunately, not me :p), in its time during rf1... so they can use that knowledge to good use.

When I increased the mesh, I had two options, tessel and mesh smooth (amongst other solutions probably) and went for tessel because it didnt smoothen the bump, slopes and stuff. Have I used mesh smooth, the result would have been way too smooth, the road might not have even fitted in the scenery anymore.

Have a look at the pdf sent, it speaks about bad tarmac conditions, bumps and stuff everywhere (at least in the first few pages, got to around 1/3 of the circuit).

All I know, I took the advice to take this turn:

View attachment 9176

and it worked as mentioned :) Was really impressed! I'll be studying this guide carefully in due time!

16. Tosch

Tosch Registered

The settings are for the current version. I have to change the profile when you update the gdb-file or when ISI changes the lightning in the next build. Things are changing quiet fast nowadays ;) and that's the reason why I name the profiles with build number and track version.
    The RGB values are not in use as far as I know. You can't find them in the Siverstone.gdb for example. The geographical location would be nice to have, but no hurry. For the race date I would pick something with a nice full moon. :cool:

17. hoover

hoover Registered

Check the link I included in the post, it's very easy to set up and limited upstream bandwidth is not a problem as long as enough people share the file.

The string is the read-only "secret" and all that's required to share this file via btsync (and the client, of course).

Uwe

18. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Nordschleife location is:
    Latitude: 50°20'08"N
    Longitude: 6°56'51"E

so:
    Latitude = 50 // degs from Equator (range: -90 to 90, positive is Northern Hemisphere)

NorthDirection = ? // the direction of North in degrees (range: 0 to 359)
    seems to depend how the axis (which one?) of the model and real north align?

24h Nordschleife was 17.-20. May 2013, nearest date to 24h race with full moon was 25. May 2013 :)

19. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Thanks Tosch, very nice :cool:

20. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Where do you put hdr profiles? Not for me obviously... *cough*chough* for others in the thread that don't know how to implement them or to lazy to search forums for how to do it :)