[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

We never got to say goodbye!

2. delapecs

delapecs Registered

So the myth will grow ... :cool:

3. Dale B

Dale B Registered

Exactly Tim,

We are all so lucky for all the work/hours he put into it and the fact that we have this wonderful track to drive. Arguably the best track in the world!!!!

John, absolutely hope he is OK, that goes without saying. I'm hoping he's either working under the radar or has just taken a much needed break to be with his family or whatever he needs to do.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2014
  4. John

John Registered

I understand, however, he is a human being too. I could care less for the track to be honest, it is a brilliant conversion with a ton of quality work been put into it. But the issue is a guy we have pretty much all have grown to like has disappeared. I would be very disappointed in our community if everyone just shrugs their shoulders and cares nothing for the guy. We are a small group of like minded individuals, and even though we are spread across the globe, that doesn't mean we can't do something to just ensure the guy is ok.

5. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

+1

6. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

7. spider19462000

spider19462000 Registered

+2

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Member

+3

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

+4 and I think we have waited an appropriate amount of time for him to just resurface. All we need is to confirm he is OK, not pester him about Nords progress as he quite likely had to give it up or else he would have posted a progress report by now.

10. brot

brot Registered

11. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

12. Rtsbasic

Rtsbasic Registered

Just another +1 to hoping everything is okay. Still enjoying this WIP and grateful for the contribution to our community. It's the individuals that are important, any contributed projects are simply a bonus.

13. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

Maybe he is hired from a big gaming company and has been not allowed to keep this project.
    If that whtas happening, stay cool pleclair, most of here even being sad to see this great work coming to an end, will support yours new challenges. No reason to not be ashamed for anything. What we have until here already is an awesome piece of work.
    Most on community is grateful for so many effort putted on this project and wish best luck in your professional career as track modder. You deserve to be regular payed for your work. Hope this time ISI did the right move and bring you to the team. In fact this explain a lot the lack of updates and communication from you. lol

Realy wish you are OK no matter what your professional choice you´re doing for living. (If this applies to your current situation). If you are ok and reading this, just say hi to people of the comunnity know if you are OK.

14. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

For that he would have to do a scratch work as if that would be the case all converters would get such jobs and he had alot of comunity help to from texturing to all kinda stuff. Game dev if they take somebody than they look for somebody that can do all around track, nobody looks for those doing conversion only.

I would say that he came to the end of what is posibile with this track and lost motivation and we can hope he is allright.
    As it was talked from begining, the track is just tooo old fur new games and reworking it is far more work than doing it new but the result of reworking this track would not give you what it would be posibile with new one.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2014
  15. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

ISI, please license this track. Please!

16. 88mphTim

88mphTim Staff Member

I agree. Although if someone stops coming here, it would be logical to say at this point he doesn't want attention from here. Life has it's priorities.

17. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

And a "Hello, I am fine" from any of his email's or PM's would settle this.

18. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

or "i´m ****ed, need to be alone" work too.

19. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

Thanks for clarifying Ales. I didn´t know that was a difference between converting and doing from scratch (about who can do it).
    I thought converting it was just a shortcut but basically the same job of making from scratch.

Cheers.

20. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Yeah its big diferente. Example, i can convert a track in good way in a week or a car in days while modeling a track takes months and same for a car. For some people its a start with converting only. Once you dont have something to convert, some started to do stuff from scratch.