[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Yep, my thoughts too. When he announced this project it seemed far too ambitious for one person, particularly someone new to modding.

There's no shame in admitting defeat if indeed that is what happened.

2. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

defeat? The track turned out pretty awesome even as it is? His enthusiasm was very high. Didn't sound like he would get a defeatist attitude to me even after all the knocks he got at the start of the project. I seriously doubt his dissapearance has anything to do with a feeling of defeat.

3. Steffen_M

Steffen_M Registered

4. John

John Registered

-snip-

Steffen - His full name is Pierre-André Leclair, he hasn't said where he lives, other than Canada. Unless the person that donated the monitor joins the conversation, we may never know any more and I am afraid he may have done something.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014
  5. Steffen_M

Steffen_M Registered

6. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

7. hoover

hoover Registered

Sorry if this seems a bit morbid, but I could find nothing relating to his name in the sherbrooke obituaries going back a couple of months, so I'm hopeful he's still among the living.

All the best, Uwe

8. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

I think all this speculation into the man's very personal life on an open forum is in very bad taste. It is obvious something is keeping him away, and whatever it is, it is only him and his family and friends that are involved, and not us. I wish him well, and hope to see him back soon.

9. hoover

hoover Registered

I agree Knight, but I also understand the speculation going on about his sudden disappearance, it's only natural and shows the appreciation many of us here have for his work.

All the best,

Uwe

10. lbird

lbird Registered

I'll second that. He already gave us a full blown effort to bring the Nordschleife as far as it is for a one man show, so even if he never turns up again on this forum, we have to be very thankful.
    I just hope everything is alright with him and look forward to the good things which will certainly come our way in rF2......

11. spider19462000

spider19462000 Registered

I think people are just concerned for him,,,i find it quite touching,and its what being part of any community is all about

12. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Being concerned is fine, but there have been some quite personal comments about him and his life, these I know from experience can be quite intrusive and hurtful. I don't feel his marital status is any business of ours...Unless he chooses to share it. Just my position I guess.

13. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Well it can be done and deleted if everything turn out for the best or a conclusion is finally made. Until then however we have to use all the resources and manpower we can to figure it out. I refuse to just let the disappearance of a man important to the community go without an effort. I would hope the same is done for me if I disappeared. Answers is all we are after.

14. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I found a different guy then Steffen came up with btw, just by using his email from paypal, pretty easy to link an email address to the web.

Agreed on the assumptions in public but also agree its out of concern. and not just because Nords, Pleclair is just a likeable person so its natural these kind of conversations emerge.
    And I also remember his comments about his life and linked it to his absence here but didn't feel I should elaborate on that.

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Member

I really hope he's okay and that we'll hear from him soon.
    He's a real star to have taken this enormous task upon himself and what he has achieved so far is amazing.

16. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

It is a perplexing situation. He may show up in a few weeks or so and all will be well again.

17. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

I wonder what's going on with him. I've had some good friends leave this earth recently and one, albeit a few years ago, left violently by his own accord so things like this have me worried. Really hope he's ok.

18. Senna12

Senna12 Registered

Hi,

I haven't heard back from him since Dec 11 when I sent him the link to the new textures...Last week got it figured out why the background textures were stretched
    and have several new updates that look improved.

Regards,

Sean

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim Staff Member

guys, I think you should just try to install what you have for a bit and see what happens. I removed some personal info from a post, let's give this a rest, it's not like he's run off with a million dollars.

20. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

You don't understand Tim...he ran off with our DREAMS! :cool: