Release Date - Date 2011?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by log11, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JyrkiV

JyrkiV Registered

+1 :)

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I've asked the 'car guy' to write a piece on polys, specifically. it is rather important considering the physics calcs are made TO them in rF2 (as far as tires, collisions, etc).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2011
  3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

We've gone a bit higher with some cars than others, usually the licensed ones are a bit higher than the 'grid fillers' which are the generics. But they're all still within a performance range that we're really happy with. Maybe you'll be filling the grids up for us as we've been looking hard at the older cars (which are often WAY more fun to drive because they aren't stuck to the track).

4. Vince Klortho

Vince Klortho Registered

Maybe we will and that does sound fun Tim. The cars we are working on had massive wings and air dams so lots of downforce but the tires are around 30 years old so not the grip of today's even though they were very wide. I guess we'll see. :)

5. Francesco H.

Francesco H. Registered

111 users online - probably because some friends thought that might bring a striking a release date :p

6. sg333

sg333 Registered

1st of November and no beta yet? "TBA 2011" will be cutting it close...

7. Lizardfolk

Lizardfolk Registered

Willing to bet a 2011 release actually wont actually happen.

8. Alexease

Alexease Registered

9. theother5

theother5 Registered

Post #127

As Sgt. Oddball saying in Kelly's Heros ..... "Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "

10. RT1971

RT1971 Registered

How much? I need some free cash for an upgrade.

11. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Well so far the staus was that we will be playing rF2 before Christmas, I gues it will be beta, which is a shame.

12. Francesco H.

Francesco H. Registered

If I understand correctly, then the release date is 2011 for a beta ultimately only for modders :p

13. PRLamers

PRLamers Registered

Social experiment?

I'm beginning to think this whole RFactor2 thing is some social experiment for the simracing community. The task is to find out how long you can keep the community excited over something that is actually never going to happen.

We already got a "end of 2010" release date promise back in 2010(!). Now, a year onwards we are constantly getting "definately 2011". This is now downscaled to the promise of just a beta release, nothing has been said on an actual public release date, let alone the dat on which the product will be finalised so that it is suitable for DVD distribution. At this pace this sounds like something that is very far away or, if this realy is a social experiment, will never happen.

So when will we hear?: "OK guys, we at ISI had enough of a laugh. For years we have been giving you rFactor 1 screenshots under the false pretention of a new game. We had you believing that a new Rfactor was going to be released soon over a period of many years. Hahaha"

I don't mean to be negative on ISI. I mean I still enjoy RF1 as the best simracer ever build but don't you agree that the release date promises of ISI are giving us false pretences?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2011
  14. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

No.
    It will be ready when its ready.
    After some of the farcial releases I have paid good money for of late, I dont mind waiting till this one is ready.
    To hear that its actually having an open beta is music to my ears :)

15. Francesco H.

Francesco H. Registered

I think that it is a good experiment... but we should not wait for a game, but join in the fun and enjoy.....

I like philosophers :D

Sometimes I think ISI has done nothing since 2005 and are all on holiday - there are many thought at ISI longer than 20 employees, but maybe there is not even 10, but have an ISI but surely - Tim Wheatley
    Maybe we should all go home and just stay with RF1, RF2 is perhaps because only a special beta game for modders. Would also make sense. :p

16. theother5

theother5 Registered

PRLamers!! WOW ... that's your post #1. It's well written in fairness .... which is the only reason I think , that you are not being immediately dismissed!

I'm in bluenoes' boat [or s/he's in mine LOL ...]

The wait is what it is and as ISI do not do what other titles do. As the other titles schedules are mainly our reference, we can all be forgiven for comparing .... the first time .... but this point as been written about, complained about, explained and testing, explained again. No need to go over it another time.

The open beta, if a wide community is allowed access will be very cool. I'm not a mod or dev of anything games software like but I'll take it seriously as it's a hobby and a passion.

Coming off rF1's back, rF2 promises so much for the future even if it comes in at the start as a beta. I would stake a bet as a beta, rF2 will at worst equal the 'farcial releases' of recent times.

I just hope ISI are prepared to allow me to buy a copy as early as possible and that they have some process in place to take on board the good, the bad and the ugly feedback [even from those who may not understand what beta release really mean!!!!]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2011
  17. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

I think 90% of development comes in the fact that they are just playing in rFactor2 unfinished, as played enough and will be beta testing. 20 people make the game progresses and no. a teaspoon per month.

18. shum94

shum94 Registered

I think everybody is at some point of crazyness of waiting lol
    I read a lot of n'importe quoi ahaha (duno how translate this one).

Thanks DICE i've got something to wait ^^

19. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

This year will not release in my opinion 100% ... is not known how many will debug beta version, do the developers think that for 1-1.5 months udast'sya errors buyout done for 4-5 years.

20. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

In my opinion "Kart racing PRO" operates more Progressive than rFactor2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.