Release Date - Date 2011?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by log11, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Well the nearest holidays are around Xmas time... but yeah, we don't know what Tim have had on his mind at that time and we should better not be guessing ;-)

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

When you are managing your own purchase system it's not really possible to do this.

3. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

so if its comming out shortly after the holidays...what is the American version of "holidays" does it include new years or just christmas/boxing day?

4. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Fair enough guv!

5. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

My opinion is useless, but still: I'd suggest to ISI staff avoid so early announcements. All this thrill about RF2 and the following doubts about release has frozen RF1 developments. I can’t remember the last great mod made for RF1, I bet all projects are waiting RF2 and, at this gap, we have nothing new to play… Just a humble opinion.

6. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Historic 2.0 will be released probably soon :)

7. sg333

sg333 Registered

Is there a decision yet on the lifetime membership?

What about currencies? I still only see the USD cost

8. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

Yes, Historic GT & Touring Cars v1.9 release is immininent, with Enduracers Endurance Mod SP2 (the final release for RF1) due soon. In addition, F1-S-R have just released their F1 1994 mod and it is a cracker.

Sounds like people buried their head in the sand as soon as they thought RF2 was coming out.

9. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

All this "thrill" has been mostly brewed up by us, the community. Lots of folks here begged for videos, screen shots, release dates and so on. ;)

10. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Yes, it may be hard timespan for people who only play games.
    Simracers, don't need new mod every week. They just do racing ;)

11. shum94

shum94 Registered

I'm sorry but some of us ( at least me) we are waiting a new dimension in term of graphics, and even though i found the work of enduracers remarkable. I'm not into rFactor graphics anymore (since 2008), everything feels so empty and i wait rF 2 with much impatience as i don't simrace no more as i did not found any other software matching rF physics and i really miss it.

Finally TBA 2011. I get that but you must admit that picking the last 10 days of 2011 to announce when it will come out is a little sneaky. And 2012 TBA would have set things straight.

But maybe it's because they changed many times their plan, in this case the lack of communication created this frustration in forums.

12. JoshJ81

JoshJ81 Registered

I'm not frustrated, I still have rF1 that works just fine for 2012, but then again I create my league's mods and that keeps things spicy enough.

Happy Holidays, ISI you need a break for sure, enjoy it!

13. cloudXXI

cloudXXI Registered

DRM Revival in April. If you have not driven it, do it!

14. Slimjim

Slimjim Registered

The only thing ISI is doing now with announcing the % of when it will come or not is only pissing people off.
    if you have no clue when it's coming, just don't say anything. It's not nice to keep dangling the carrot.
    plus, GTR3 will be released before rF2, maybe not the beta, but the full version of rF2.
    So many people forgot how long we had the rF1 demo before it was released.?
    I would bet at least 6 to 8 months after the beta release we will have to wait.
    So don't get your panties in a bunch when ISI keeps saying it's here and then it's not.
    enjoy what you have for now, and let them do their thing.. in a timely manner i hope.... ;)

15. Plebre

Plebre Registered

Hi all,

I have a felling that all other ISI projets/deals had been delaying rFactor 2 to come true.

Also looks a like a bit of lack of consideration, for all the community who had support ISI in the past, that thing "we really not shure yet when".
    Common we talking about a open Beta version here. Just put a date on it, and go working for the goal.

P.S. I never realised why I wasn't invite for the close Beta.:p

Regards

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2011
  16. coops

coops Banned

:confused:51 % v's 49% who cares.did not want a release date! but a month date would have stopped a lot of ???????????
    and would have answered them as im Aussie and some people take up to 4 weeks holidays at xmas, so that's why i ask what month? would have been better for me.
    maybe Tim or gjon could answer this ?

17. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Tell me about. You live here at Rfactor2 Forum posting 24 hours per day, certainly it's because you're very happy with 2005 RF1 Mods.

Good to know about Historic GT & Touring Cars, looking forward for it.

18. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

No, I'm very happy with our GT mod, implementing physics from real cars and real tyres, shaded by KSzczech's SRPL ShaderPack. In result I'm racing cars which look better than ones shown on rF2 wip screens. check our galleries

But we have about 10 racing series on our portal. Even if new shaders are not implemented to all of them people do racing. No one says, that racing is boring because rF is 6 years old.

But I know there are people who must constantly install new stuff, and cannot live without it. So I'm not surprised about your statement excepting that you put it on THIS forum.

19. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Anybody know of these idiots? They are posting shots of rF and saying they are exclusive rF2 shots. LMFAO

oh. I guess they've been banned from this site already. hahahahaha.

20. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.