Release Date - Date 2011?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by log11, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rci808

rci808 Registered

good fun mate.. we keep each other on our forum toes.. lol

cheers.

2. Arthur.Hermont

Arthur.Hermont Registered

Almost there people. Hang on.

3. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

yayyy we're 1% closer than last year...shouldnt be long now :D

4. coops

coops Banned

no beta 2011 i thought so spent my money on the kids at beginning of the week. now happy il have the money when it does come out. PMSL thought i was going to have to wait while my friends had it:D

5. unrealnoise

unrealnoise Registered

I don't like the news, but i hope so...
    and one second, one question:
    We know the cars list, but i don't understand that why don't know the rF2 (1.0) track list. perhaps someone?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2011
  6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

the wiki is served best as a source of information, showering it with bug reports is not a good idea IMO

Surprise I think, there was a list compiled of known tracks somewhere on here, also theres still a few Cars to be announced I think (seem to remember that 3D Model of them all did'nt include a few ISI hid away, notably that new Header Pic included a car not seen there for example)

7. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Some one has problems with probability calc.
    "49% before XMass and 51% shortly after" doesn't mean that there is 100% probability of release no later than "shortly after". It may be even released on Easter Egg with probability 83,5% since no one confirmed release just after Xmass.

Just to be not disappointed ;)

PS. Curious what fun with rF2 we will get on XMass ;) Maybe the video. I predicted that, hahaha

8. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Could easily sort that with stickied forum posts. One for bugs , one for annoyances. This would give ISI something to get their teeth into after the holidays and they would probably have enough info to locate and fix any serious bugs first.

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

When a set of probabilities obviously totals 100% (as opposed to being individually calculated via other factors), it means they encompass the set of possibilities.

If the weather forecast says 20% chance of rain for each of the next 5 days, it may not rain at all (each day is independent). But, if you roll a die and say there's a 33.3% chance you'll roll 2 or less, and 66.6% of 3 or higher, you'll obviously satisfy one of those conditions.

I think it's fair to interpret Gjon's figures in the second way. Which all seems terribly off topic and of little consequence, but you started it :)

It's 'Xmas', by the way :p

10. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

As you can see, you pointed to finite period for which probability is given. No one said that rF2 will be released in X days. We have no such timespan defined. It is open. So you may say that probability is 51% till end of the year, 60% till end of January, 70% till Feb, etc. It is just example, don't comment that as I try to predict anything.

BTW: there was also about 50% probability a year ago. I know Tim's statement is a kind of joke, or maybe even irony ;) But I wouldn't count on those numbers too much. What is likely and sad that we will get no rF2 for XMass (promised this time). I don't want to believe it will not released even this year. But imo it's very possible - days between Xmass and NY are usually time off. But finally few days left or right... really doesn't matter. From my personal point of view rF2 has been TBA a lot of time so I started to doesn't care about this.

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah very true, as long as you can make it One Post Per User (so they can Edit/Update their post as time goes on) otherwise you'll end up with pages of off topic dialogue that ISI wont want to sift through.
    On that note once a Dev guy has read the notes on the Members Post the ability to "Check" that post would be very handy as they wont need to re-read every post everytime, dont think this Forum is that advanced though!

12. Arnao

Arnao Registered

As I remenber this open beta is dedicated to moders... so It seems that only moding subject will have attention of ISI...WIKI, if it's dedicated to moder will have enoughy information to wait til the end of hollidays for more question....
    I'm not a moder and will be pleased with 1 car and one track !!!
    so come On Gjon RELEASED sooner..

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Gjon said (via Tim's quote) that there is a 49% chance before xmas, 51% shortly after. What he means is it will be released by the time shortly after xmas (49+51 = 100), but more likely afterwards than before (hence 51 vs 49).

My example of a weather forecast is the other intepretation: that which you've used, where 51% is the chance of it being released in some time shortly after xmas, with that probability then rising in subsequent periods if they eventuate. In the case of a weather forecast the overall time doesn't matter, I was merely illustrating a different 100% total; you could wake up to a 20% chance of rain every day for a whole year and not see a drop, because there isn't any guarantee of rain occurring.

Gjon meant it'll be released (open beta) either before xmas or shortly after, more likely after (but not by much). So your assertion that 'Some one has problems with probability calc.' is misplaced. In fact it's you who is misinterpreting the statement by turning the probability-joke into your incorrect probability calculation (by treating each probability as independent, when in fact they are components covering the entire set of outcomes)

But it's all good, we have nothing better to do... :eek:

14. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I just said, be not surprised if 51% of probability will not be satisfied shortly after, or some one will say that those probabilities was given as independent. I'm prepared for such scenario, don't you?
    I'm just even don't start disputing about what does 'shortly' mean :)

However I don't know what Gjon has meant to say. I'm glad somebody knows ;)

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Na, I'm throwing all caution to the wind. rF2 beta by Jan 20 or give up the PC completely ;)

16. Dahie

Dahie Registered

This is not how releases work. You are on your toes for hours, read everything that is posted in the first couple of hours and prey you don't have a large blunder bug, that brings down everything. See my releases tutorial to get an impression of what's happening on release day. It's quite similar for mods and for software.

17. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

51% possibilities of got all my atention (and money) to GTR3.

18. cluj

cluj Registered

Once someone is happy ?, I am convinced that the day after the beta release one created a post asking if the full game comes out next week ?, we are children or adults? .....

19. CraigT

CraigT Registered

Well that pretty much stopped the "When o' when" posts LOL

20. DougSpinster

DougSpinster Registered

I have a feeling GTR3 won't be released before March 2012. Simbin has just announced applications for beta testing. That will take a month just to organize which candidates will test the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.