Release Date - Date 2011?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by log11, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

I know this, of course, i mean what price will europeans gonna be charge:

-Dollars equivalent: 43,99 * 0,72 = 32€

-1:1 conversion: 43,99€

-Another price

By the way, i don't think it's "fair" announce the price in dollars when Rfactor 1 is a game massively played by europeans...

2. Jux

Jux Registered

Well in europe it usually means 1$ = 1€. It is the EU tax for imported products. Just look at the prices at amazon.com compared to amazon.co.uk or amazon.de.

3. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

What are you going to import? From what I understand if you buy it online and get it online and pay in $ it doesn't really matter if you're in Helsinki or Madagascar.

4. theother5

theother5 Registered

Here's an idea .... how about we just wait for ISI to announce to pricing schedules for EURO?.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2011
  5. Slothman

Slothman Registered

blasphemy....

6. SeKa

SeKa Registered

Why EU? It meant only difference to Euro, right? And if i pay over paypal, i have to pay fee for currency. So i don´t understand the question about "pricing shedules". Wouldn't everything else be unfair?

7. theother5

theother5 Registered

Seka ... Yea ...EU was supposed to be EUR .... my bad!

What I mean by pricing schedule is ....

Pricing at the moment is known for US. It is not known for the other global regions.
    Perhaps we only buy in USD online and then we pay for the currency conversion also. If that is what it is, then there we go. Unfair, depands on the exchange rate but we can expect to be in the losing side I guess!

We need to wait for ISI to announce the pricing and purchase details for it's global market so let's wait for it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2011
  8. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

Well, I think that isn't any bad in asking, no?.

Actually Rfactor 1 cost 35€ in Europe for 40$ in USA. If they keep this currency, Rfactor 1 will cost 40€ aprox., 10€ the subscription wich i think are fair prices.

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Just so you guys know I'm not ignoring this subject... I just have no info on this yet and it hasn't been passed to me. As soon as I can give you info I will.

10. Jan Duin

Jan Duin Registered

With the replay value rF1 had (and I'm sure rF2 won't be different) this really will be a bargain. :)

11. frankwer

frankwer Registered

I am a european and i pay in dollars, luckily. Norway was smart enough to not join the EU (we have enough bureaucrats in our own country :) )

12. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

Of course, i'm not complaining, only asking. I buyed Rfactor in 2008 and i still think that it was my best online purchise, side by side with Xpadder.

13. log11

log11 Registered

Hello,
    ISI has indeed now the prices announced. $ 13.99 for the use of the Multiplayer.
    QUESTION: Do you have to pay for the modifications and then updates again? Then almost the status of "i-racing" had been reached.

14. maatriks

maatriks Registered

You will have to pay $43.99 for the game (includes 12 months of online, 18 if bought during open-beta period) and after 12 (18) months you will have to pay $12.99 for additional 12 months of online playing. All the updates etc are included.

15. log11

log11 Registered

@maatriks, is that really so? The announcement of the annual payment system came as a surprise to me.

16. maatriks

maatriks Registered

Yes, initial payment plus additional payment per year after 12/18 months. And that's all, nothing more.

17. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

It's important to note that updates, patchs...will be avaliable as separate downloads if someone don't wish to renewal his online account.

18. coops

coops Banned

i know the price money sitting in bank just waiting for sale and details on where i can buy. so i think it really dosnt matter when we get it now if you are serious about buying it you will already have money put away.

BRING IT ON

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

you'll all be DELIGHTED to know (i'm sure) that my long weekend in November has been postponed to one in December to make sure I get to race the beta as much as possible, did'nt wanna risk talking two days off for nothing ya know :p

20. Grubby

Grubby Registered

It's good to see a lot of the negitivite responses have stopped, now all we need to do is find something to pass the time away until release.

Lets see if anyone can pick the release date for the Beta?

I'm going to have a guess that it's released on November 21st, I really hope it's today but I will start with this date.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.