Release candidate won't start game

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Mark Lloyd, Apr 15, 2022.

1. Mark Lloyd

Mark Lloyd Registered

Since installing the new release candidate rf2 won't run at all. My troubleshooting knowledge only runs to deleting the Player.JSON file so the game can generate a new one on startup. This didn't work.
    Any ideas or advice regarding this issue would be very much appreciated.
    Many thanks.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

SOME PEOPLE have stated it took several tries. Try going back to the regular version, verify that loads, then swap back to the RC. Good luck.

Mark Lloyd likes this.
  3. Preoccupied Dingbat

Preoccupied Dingbat Registered

I am having the same problem and have been back and forth between stable and rc four times. The game will run in stable branch but not release candidate where the rfactor logo will appear in the middle of the screen but then steam reverts to indicating that the game has not been started.

4. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

I had this problem also. Until it becomes the version to use I wont be changing... too many bugs

Mark Lloyd likes this.
  5. Preoccupied Dingbat

Preoccupied Dingbat Registered

The issue I'm seeing I have also seen in the regular version. My take was that a crash caused some important files to get corrupted, similar to how player.json gets corrupted, but I don't know how to find these other hypothetical files or how to recover them. My system has been unstable (bad bios settings) causing BSOD and borking player.json when the crash happens when driving and sometimes deleting that file makes the game start up but other times that is not enough. I solved it by reinstalling but that takes hours and I don't want to try that just to try the RC.

Mark Lloyd likes this.