Released Release Candidate Update | Client 7626415

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Magus

Magus Registered

Okay not as much as I thought at 45fps locked. If you get the chance, could you try a new PBR updated track & vehicle combo. Best tests are Monza or Nurburing with Formula Pro or BMW M4 Class 1. Sorry to the others for hijacking this thread.

TurboHenk likes this.
  2. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Sure, Ill give that a go, probably be a couple of days now though ,might not get chance to get on it before then.

Another thing came to my mind, when I first got the g2, i ran it at 50% resolution becasue it was claimed there was some sort of steam VR bug, and if you ran it at 100% you were actually running at 200.
    Some time later, I found a video that (to me, anyway) disproved that theory....so I switched to 100 % resolution in steam expecting it to grind to a halt.....but it didnt. It actually improved performance.

3. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Registered

Thank you for your input but 45fps with an 3080TI is not an solution of course. I'm happy for you but for me 45fps (ANY kind of reprojection/motion smoothing) is unplayable. It should also not be necessary of course, since other sims titles run flawlessly with an 3080TI (I have the TI now too, I had the 3080 without TI, both same issue in only RF2) on high settings with high GPU load zero framedrops.

Let's hope that the bug gets fixed ASAP. I had no intention to change the subject of this thread, I just wanted to mention that the bug still isn't fixed in this RC which is an important notice since it's a game-breaking bug.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  4. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I did not follow your problem, but check the amount of VRAM used + RAM, also make sure you have a recent and powerful processor around 5 Ghz.

Test with opponents on low and lowering rain drops, road reflection and soft particles.

You're right about the reprojection, no interest in doing VR under these conditions.

5. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Registered

Thank you pilAUTO, the bug is reported already and it's confirmed by many others that it's indeed a bug. No matter with what settings combination, if you have just a few AI cars(5 for example) and you drive closely to them on certain tracks(watkins glen, lemans); then the fps drops keep coming always in such huge amounts that the game becomes unplayable.

Of course I tested with the lowest possible settings, low AI opponents, all settings low etc. etc.: nothing helps. Even with ~40% cpu and ~40% gpu usage the FPS drops (purple spikes in FPSvr) keep coming non stop. In some track/car combi's no so much but in others 100+ in 1 lap(LeMans + Formula Pro for example). Sometimes you're lucky to have a "fps drop free lap" but after a restart or in the next lap or if you just drive a bit to close to an other driver: the fps drops always return.

So every release I / we keep trying the game, in the hope that it's solved somehow... but unfortunately there has been zero feedback on this subject from S397, the only thing they say is that WMR is still supported (it says on the steam page) so there is still hope that this bug will be solved somewhere in the future since it's "officially supported"...

Rogger and Magus like this.
  6. vava74

vava74 Registered

Have you tried going back to the old UI? To confirm/compare performance?
    I believe that the new eye candy related code introduced snags which became more apparent on replay mode, with major stuttering.
    Also, I don't know anything about the subject - programming - so I am just speculating but I feel that it may be linked with the fact that the new UI uses HTML and probably - even if on different cores - being on the background generates resource conflicts which W10 does not know how to manage.
    For instance, when the mouse moves whilst we are driving, it messes with the FPS.
    And I noticed, for instance, that striping down the W10 list of stuff which is running in the background (even if dormant) seems to help.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  7. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Great update!
    That was an important improvement in terms of user experience.

8. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Latest Release Candidate

Steam Build IDs:
    Client 7581575
    Dedicated Server 7581588

Changelog:
    - Fixed an error on dedicated server start up.

9. vava74

vava74 Registered

People are reporting major and consistent decay in performance in VR.
    On every update.
    And long time RF2 users - including some which are mentioned in the game’s final credits - are abandoning RF2.
    RF2 combo of VR with its FFB is second to none as a simracing experience and S397 should build on that as VR is bound to become more common in the future.
    The complete lack of attention to the VR community - which extends to anyone using higher end displays, 2K triples for instance - is bound to put the nail in RF2’s coffin if something is not done soon.
    STOP with the eye candy and focus in optimising what we have right now and eliminate the trove of bugs that exist today. Some, new UI and eye candy related, some older than the Mathuselah...

dylbie, Jack, Rogger and 4 others like this.
  10. delapecs

delapecs Registered

Fixed for me ;)

11. Christopher Elliott

Latest Release Candidate

Steam Build IDs:
    Client 7618186
    Dedicated Server 7618200

Changelog:

Controller Profile Updates (General)
    - Set Exaggerate Yaw to 0
    - Fixed various missing 'Clutch-In' entries that had been deleted by accident
    Fanatec Podium Wheel Base DD1/2
    - Default "Steering resistance type":0,
    - Added pedal inputs
    Thrustmaster T300RS Racing wheel
    - Fixed mappings
    --------

12. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

What about CSL DD compatibility?

13. Manuel Correa

Manuel Correa Registered

The CSL DD in the resistance type is 0 too (dump) or 1 (friction)?

Marko likes this.
  14. Marko

Marko Registered

Can you expalin the need of Default "Steering resistance type":0, and will that also help with CSL DD "next session" ffb issues?

15. Manuel Correa

Manuel Correa Registered

Yes Marko, here another with the same symptoms in the session changes. The ffb on steering wheel turn gets weird ...

We need a solution for this please.

Rui Santos likes this.
  16. Christopher Elliott

Latest Release Candidate

Steam Build IDs:
    Client 7626415
    Dedicated Server 7626428

Changelog:

- Fixed: Audio cutting out after changing force feedback settings.
    -------

pkelly, lagg, philrob and 3 others like this.
  17. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

juanchioooo and Schumi like this.
  18. Schumi

Schumi Registered

Developers are not interested in offline players. Several years only promises. In offline races, almost nothing works correctly. For the first time in last 6 years, I thought about changing the simulator. S397, do you have any relatives at Wargaming?

S397 - DLC's, DLC's, DLC's
    Wargaming - premium tanks, premium tanks, premium tanks
    S397&Wargaming - promises, promises, promises

Dear companies, I'm tired of you. You are worse than politicians.

dylbie, pkelly, Binny and 4 others like this.
  19. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

If you look at what this guys have on their hands with Nascar Ignition it's quite obvious why things have been slowing down and probably why they also started also hiring... I hope they fix that game. I know they aren't the only group of people involved, but they surely are helping fix that mess of a game... Aside from that they said they are bringing some AI improvements made in NI... Well, that's a bummer since there doesn't seem to have been made any type of improvements there...

They are bringing some newer or improved physics features in the next RC, so that's something to be wishful for.

20. Schumi

Schumi Registered

Yes yes yes, this is what I have been reading for several years in various formulations...
    Every time I read about upcoming improvements. That these improvements are coming soon.
    But with every new build, I only get more broken gameplay. They always have excuses that there are not many of them, and the game code is huge and complex. I don't want to hear more about the competition system, not to see the future roadmap. I want to see fixes for what's broken now.