Release Candidate Server Test Request

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Iant491

Iant491 Registered

Yes I had this issue too. It said 33 of 33 drivers and would not let me join for the first 2 clicks. But did let me in on the 3rd try and there were only 5 drivers online. Good fun when I did get in. Great fun with the superfast Ex-Zero blasting past everyone. Did a 10 lap race and lapped everyone at least once.

2. CIP060

CIP060 Registered

EH nothing I can't log in it tells me that it can't install the portland mod The cars I own and the ones I miss are installed
    I accessed the norshleeaf server without problems

3. Corti

Corti Registered

You tried to install Portland from Workshop?

4. OneMoreOdd

OneMoreOdd Registered

Everything work fine for me. From content installation to server join. Race was clean and fun, thanks guys!

5. Tetskuro

Tetskuro Registered

OK, I tested it, it's cool. finally we can race without buying all the content.

BUT, Having to download all the content from the server (car) wait for the download and the update of this one. + another mod that's not user friendly at all.
    Why not just arrange to buy a car and that's it. no need to download all content. because for small connection it's not crazy.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

For the other cars to move properly, you need their data. For them to look like the cars they are, you need the models and textures.

There would have been a number of ways to approach this, and they've gone for the "let's make it all work and look like normal, which means people need to download all that content first" option.

Sure, it means you might not be able to join a server in 30 seconds. It might take quite a while depending what you're missing and need to download.

7. PixelBit Kitty

PixelBit Kitty Registered

Worked fine for me, did a race against AI all looked good, then watched someone driving an indy car I don't own, again all good.

Downloading the correct DLCs was a bit of a mission though, would be much easier if there was a button to download the dlc on the screen telling you what you're missing.

Went to buy a car through the car selection menu as I thought it'll happen sometimes and the option is there and that didn't work, took me to the in game store and I added to cart but couldn't actually purchase, just no option to check out. That seems to be a game issue though as I then tried just through the in game store normally and once something was in the cart I couldn't find an option to purchase.

Jeferson Richart likes this.
  8. Alan Santo

Alan Santo Registered

Just tested here. At first, when trying to join server, I got message that some content wasn't installed yet. So I went to Manage Content, and installed all DLC I don't own.
    Then, tried another time joining and that was it: Success!
    There was one driver on BMW BTCC I don't own, while I was driving Hyundai i30 BTCC.

RC seems awesome! Just can't wait till 21st release!

pkelly likes this.
  9. BrinkYeti

BrinkYeti Registered

here's my 2 cents:

1. as someone who has pretty much exclusively (until now) used steam to manage both the DLC and workshop content, it was not very clear to now use the ingame content menu.

It also was a surprise to me to manually install content which i do not own,
      my train of thought was pretty much:
      "hey, i do not own these dlcs, so surely i can't install them either"
    2. whilst in a practice (maybe qualifying) session a ferrari GT3 joined, which i do not own.
      Until i went back to the pits via the ESC key, this ferrari only showed up as a yellow "default" car ( i believe rF1 had something similar?). But i don't think it's that big of a deal considering it showed up correctly after i went back to pits + cars can't join during race sessions.

10. Lars Otto

Lars Otto Registered

After a few tests, I have to say that everything works fine for me after I installed the required content! I see cars that I don't own on the track and can click directly on the buy link in the selection menu. The only thing I noticed is that when I change the fuel, it goes very slowly, as mentioned a few times here.

cheers

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

This is completely normal, in rF2 and rF1, and has nothing to do with owned or un-owned content. I guess you don't do a lot of practice online?

12. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Registered

I had an error, when I try to join server. First time it was list of cars that I don't install. I went into content manager and install all missing cars. When I tried to join server again it just shows me an error screen "Unable to install server mod, most likely cause is missing content." And no list of missing content. In modmgr RCFun2 shows as damaged mod, despite all required content installed. In-game content manager didn't show RCFun2 mod at all. I tried to delete damaged mod and had no luck. Same error.

Upd:
    Found problem in traces. Better to add that text in error prompt window in-game...

Code:
     748.62s JNIMultiplay  258: Multiplayer::processState() attempting mod download RCFun2.rfmod from 136.144.201.19 : 64297
     749.06s ModMgr.cpp    744: Component DallaraIR18_2020 couldn't be added to mod RCFun2 because it has updates installed.
     749.06s game.cpp     1350: Setting Mod Path "(null)" 0 1
     751.48s ModMgr.cpp    744: Component DallaraIR18_2020 couldn't be added to mod RCFun2 because it has updates installed.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2023
  13. D_Moriarty

D_Moriarty Registered

@Paul Jeffrey - any news about who won the full dlc set? You know, we've been testing this, we've been good boys, we've never won anything, dum spiro spero etc. :)

Jeferson Richart likes this.
  14. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I wonder how they will contact the winners, for example, my Game name, Steam name and Forum name are all different.
    I have no idea, I hope they do :D.

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

30 years ago(it seems) when I began to realize just how pitiful a sim driver I was, for the benefit of my fellow online league members of the TPTCC, I changed my User Name from Crewel Lye to either davehenrie or Dave Henrie. I wanted EVERYONE to know to use extreme caution when coming up to lap me. So ever since the days of Nascar 3, I've been the same. Not to brag, but to warn!

16. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

My name is the same in the game as it is here. So you can gift me easily. :)

17. OneMoreOdd

OneMoreOdd Registered

Did I miss it, or winners haven't been selected yet? Would like to know, whom can we be happy for :)

DJCruicky likes this.