Release Candidate Server Test Request

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Nicolás Gianello

Nicolás Gianello Registered

¡Buenas noches! Me costo descargar el contenido, después de varios intentos pude ingresar a la sala. Al momento de ingresar tal vez por la hora no había nadie ( soy de Argentina). Corrí varias vueltas sin problema. Mañana continúo probando. Saludos!
    Good night! I had a hard time downloading the content, after several attempts I was able to enter the room. At the time of entering, perhaps because of the time, there was no one (I am from Argentina). I ran several laps with no problem. Tomorrow I continue testing. Greetings!

2. D_Moriarty

D_Moriarty Registered

Guys, a tip: it was not working, the same error message as with everyone though I did have all the content. However, in the Local Content tab, you will find the mod of the server at the very end of the list (RC25 or something) and it is marked in red because it does not work. If you click on it, it gives you a list of content, and highlights the missing item. In my case it was the indycar 18 which I had to uninstall, reinstall, then reboot, and everything worked just fine then. The selection works as should, I couldn't select the non-owned items, but could drive my owned cars. Great job, this brought me back!

davehenrie and Corti like this.
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It works, but I had to restart rF2 to get the mod to appear in the list. I didn't try anything too extravagant, but I did try refreshing.

4. D_Moriarty

D_Moriarty Registered

Yeah, restarting rF2 is always a good first step of troubleshooting such matters.

5. petrolhead

petrolhead Registered

Sorry but I am confused. I got the same error as another guy (2nd Post). I then read Coutie post but the cars I need dont show up in content Manager except the BMW and that will not instal.

6. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Are you running the RC?

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

YOU only want it to partially install, an orange checkmark. Try un-installing and re-installing.

8. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

After having figured out which content I store content I needed to download, it all worked very well. Only issue I had was the very slow fuel adjustment in the Setup-Screen, like mentioned here before.

The only other things that caught my eye were

1. the fact that when installing said content, there was no information shown in the content manager while installing. After having pressed the install items button, the buttons just greyed out, and I wasn't able to press anything else, unsure of what was happening in the background. I can imagine this to be confusing for someone less known with rf2. See below.

IMG_20230217_123511_143.jpg

2. When trying to select unowned content in the selection tab before entering the server, I was correctly guided to the store page. When doing the same while being in the server in the select car tab, I could press the store icon, but nothing happened. I see how one could not go into the store via the server, but maybe remove the icon and instead add info behind they greyed out, unowned content? See below.

IMG_20230217_140014_547.jpg

For the rest, I'm very grateful for the fact that later we can join servers without owning all the cars. It'll fill those multiplayer servers up nicely I think.

Attached Files:

9. petrolhead

petrolhead Registered

Yes

10. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

This is'nt just related to the RC server, its an issue thats still going on with any server but, thought it worth mentioning. We are still getting incorrect player numbers when looking at servers in the multiplayer list. i.e. S397 RC Fun server today says its full with 31 one players, yet you go in and there are two of you.

11. petrolhead

petrolhead Registered

I saw that as well this morning although I could not get in

12. Uff

Uff Registered

When installing content from the Store Content menu, some cars were missing their preview image: I noticed Focus, Hyundai and BMW 330.
    Later I'll try to join the server too.

13. Patryk

Patryk Registered

Works for me, after installing all the content (which the game didn't show it was doing, I could see steam downloading rF2 content) I restarted the game and game updated itself. In the menu I could see cars which I didn't own, with sort of a "store" icon and greyed out. I drove whole one race with someone in radicals. I have the GT3 content too and nothing more (for this server). Later someone joined in with cars I don't have (BTCC) and I could see him and it worked fine too. Can't wait to test it out online on multi class.

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

ditto, the server list displayed 31/31 drivers but once at the track only 3 or 4 were there.

15. Uff

Uff Registered

My experience was smooth, but I agree with what the others already reported. After downloading the contents, there are certain moments where the game seems to be doing nothing, just to start the installation or update soon after.
    When content is installing, you can select additional cars/tracks, but they won't be installed as the install button is not available, so one might thing he installed them, while it's not the case.

A part for that, I was able to connect to the server even just after the last car was downloaded, no need to restart the sim. Even after a reboot, the connection went fine and I was able to race (doing too much damage, but that's a different story :D ).

16. JERACERX

JERACERX Registered

Did a few laps around Portland in the Callaway, no problems with joining the session at all (although curiously it said it was a full session) rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2023.02.17 - 18.41.22.68.png

First time in didn't have any cars I didn't own but everything ran smooth.

rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2023.02.17 - 19.03.38.27.png

Later on one of them changed to the IR-18 which I don't own, and everything continued to work fine.

17. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

Jesus is at the wheel... ;)
    upload_2023-2-18_14-7-1.png

18. Iant491

Iant491 Registered

I was on the server last night. While driving the Radical SR3 a couple of the other cars appeared a yellow boxes while racing. But they were fine watching the replay. The highlighted car was one of the ones showing as a yellow box. It also happened earlier while driving the EX-Zero but I was unable to see the tag as it was too far away. Thanks.

Attached Files:

19. Iant491

Iant491 Registered

Yes. I had this issue. It started to download the content. So I left it alone and went for a cup of tea. When I got back it looked like it had finished but the game still said all the content was missing. Next time I loaded steam client the rest of the missing downloads then started. After that it worked fine.

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

This is normal for cars that join while you're driving, nothing to worry about.